Olaf & Ludwig Remote Codes

vbimport

First post. I purchased two DVD players manufactured by OlafLudwig (Olaf & Ludwig) about a year ago, and have lost both remotes. I purchased a philips universal remote, thinking I’d just program in the codes needed to control an Olaf & Ludwig, but I can’t find the codes to use anywhere. I’ve even sat there pushing channel up/down buttons 300 times hoping the code search program would stumble across the right one at some point, to no avail. I’ve searched every remote universal code site I could find, and nobody lists this brand of DVD. I can’t find out anything about Olaf & Ludwig anywhere on the WWW. They’re made in South Africa, I’m pretty sure about that.

Does anyone have any idea what code I can use to control the DVD? Or how to go about finding out? Any help you can offer would be much appreciated.

Hi and Welcome![quote=thfenn;2110126]I purchased two DVD players manufactured by OlafLudwig (Olaf & Ludwig)[/quote]I beg to differ. Olaf&Ludwig (sounds great, but isn’t) is one of several brands of the china based company Panstar: http://www.panstarintl.com.cn/brand_olaf.asp

about a year ago, and have lost both remotes.
That’s bad.

I purchased a philips universal remote, thinking I’d just program in the codes needed to control an Olaf & Ludwig, but I can’t find the codes to use anywhere. I’ve even sat there pushing channel up/down buttons 300 times hoping the code search program would stumble across the right one at some point, to no avail.
You’re lost then.
I can’t find out anything about Olaf & Ludwig anywhere on the WWW.
That’s the point. Apart from Panstar, there is only Bestservice.co.za The rest are auto-generated spam links :Z

They’re made in South Africa, I’m pretty sure about that.
No. I bet, these units are made in China, probably from different manufacturers.

Michael

Fascinating.

Thanks, michael. I went to the link you posted, grabbed the email addresses and tried to send a message, but it’s non-deliverable. (I’m shocked).

I bought these units from a SAfrican department store in Uganda, for $75 or so, so none of this should surprise me. Very annoying tho. They’re basically unusable without a remote - can’t select different episodes of TV show DVDs, for example, as there are no navigational keys on the units themselves. Think I’m just going to throw them in the driveway and drive over them with a truck for a little bit.

I had a nagging feeling about this when I bought them anyway? Who are Olaf & Ludwig? I asked. Why so cheap? It was ‘promotional’. I didn’t actually lose the remotes - they broke the first time they got dropped.

Anyway, these units are history it seems. Thanks for the help, again. Very nice to actually just get this resolved…

[quote=thfenn;2110182]Think I’m just going to throw them in the driveway and drive over them with a truck for a little bit. [/quote]Or get rid of them on ebay? :bigsmile:

Who are Olaf & Ludwig?
Both are german prenames. Olaf is also widespread in the scandinavian countries. Maybe they wanted some association with Bang&Olufsen :wink:

Anyway, these units are history it seems. Thanks for the help, again. Very nice to actually just get this resolved…
You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Thanks guys for the info. I’m about to buy a 32" Olaf & Ludwig TV. The store is selling them with a 40% discount because the store can’t find the remote controls.

I actually came on line to search for the manufacturers / stockist… with aim of buying the remotes.

Since everyone is this forum is having issues with the remote controls, this defintely is going to be a NO-GO-AREA for me.

Thx
Megido

PS: I have made contact with some retailer in far away Dubai (UAE). He says “he’s got them in stock”.

Fingers crossed. Will keep you guys posted on development.
Megido

[QUOTE=megido1;2131463]Thanks guys for the info. I’m about to buy a 32" Olaf & Ludwig TV. The store is selling them with a 40% discount because the store can’t find the remote controls.

I actually came on line to search for the manufacturers / stockist… with aim of buying the remotes.

Since everyone is this forum is having issues with the remote controls, this defintely is going to be a NO-GO-AREA for me.

Thx
Megido[/QUOTE]

megido1 whats the latest on the remotes did you get the guy Dubai to send you some ?

“Olaf Ludwig” is an ex-star from the ex GDR from bicycle racing.