Okay, I give up

I have tried all the recommended suggestions on this forum when trying to make a backup copy of “The Greatest Game”. I still get the cannot read message. I have also tried using another software program and it don’t work either. I have replaced the original dvd several (3) times to make sure I have a good copy and still will not let me make a back up. Could it be old Walt has applied a new rule to their DVD’s? Should I just “giveup” or can someone help?

Which version of AnyDVD? If 5.9.6.0 then post Information windows plz. Maybe a new protection, you could send your IFO files to Slysoft with no AnyDVD is running.

Have you also tried DVDFab 2.9.7.8?

@ willieb,

Welcome to the Forum.

You haven’t provided a lot of information for Forum Members to work on.

State the Name(s) and Version Number(s) of the Software Program(s) you are using in your attempt make a backup copy this Commercial DVD Movie Title.

Is the “The Greatest Game” Commercial DVD Movie Title the only DVD you experience difficulties with?

Provide any Error Code(s) and exact complete Error Native(s) you receive when you encounter your problem and exactly when in the backup coping process that you encounter this “cannot read message” problem.

Any detailed amplifying information you can provide will be helpful in determining exactly what the problem is.

Best Regards,
bjkg

bjkg,

Thanks for your response. Here is the information you requested.

State the Name(s) and Version Number(s) of the Software Program(s) you are using in your attempt make a backup copy this Commercial DVD Movie Title.

AnyDVD, v5.9.6.0 and CloneDVD2, v2.8.9.8

Is the “The Greatest Game” Commercial DVD Movie Title the only DVD you experience difficulties with?

Yes, this is the only movie I have ever encountered an error with.

Provide any Error Code(s) and exact complete Error Native(s) you receive when you encounter your problem and exactly when in the backup coping process that you encounter this “cannot read message” problem.

Processing error:
E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_4.VOB: read error
Data error (cyclic redundance check).
If reading the media has failed, please clean the surface and try again.

Details
File 1 E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_4.VOB 23 TCSectorReader

Any detailed amplifying information you can provide will be helpful in determining exactly what the problem is.

Believe me, I have cleaned the orginal DVD. I have exchange the orginal DVD at least three times to insure it is a good copy. I have tried using other software to make a backup (DVDFab 2.9.7.8 and OneClickDVD Pro) and I still don’t have a backup copyl

You could try 5.9.6.1 (fresh released) but I don’t think it helps

you have a damaged disk
rent another one

You Have a bad Sector on your disc Rent or Exchange the one you bought 4 a new one.

I burned The Greatest game & it Came out Great!!!
The Movie stanked but the burn came out great.

I agree. I had no problem with The Greatest Game using the same versions of AnyDVD/CloneDVD. But, I once had the same problem with 4 different, brand new copies of Beyond the Sea. It was a bad batch of manufactured dvds, it does happen. I made a copy with DVDFabdecrytor, which is a little better with bad discs. Also, try reading with a different drive, I know my BenQ will read a couple of disc that my NEC can’t. Also, do a discan using CD/DVDspeed on the original, it might show unreadable sectors, then you can be sure it’s the disc.
P.S.: don’t say “rent”, that’s illegal and against forum rules. :bigsmile: :cop:

@ricoman
I was just waiting for someone to catch on my facetiousness
did I spell it right

people need to learn to at least post
software versions
dvd burner type
and important also region type ie R1 R2 etc
exact error messages

@ willieb,

Concerning CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) data error notifications.

Suggest viewing the below Forum posting concerning CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) data error notification. Notice Forum Member Olli Comments in posting #6 and the three (3) possible reasons for CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) data error notifications.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=138522

Best Regards,
bjkg

With AnyDVD active and drives set to Slow & Quiet. Use VOB Blanker and read the file from the source DVD Drive to a destination Hard Drive file. During the process it should skip any bogus files.

I know this can be backed up with no problem at all with the combo of clonedvd2 and and anydvd from slysoft.com. I see your using that.They have a 21day trial. Also what are the specs of your computer etc memory is dma enabled . what operating system etc.etc. as above members stated -more info needed on your dvd drive firmware .