OK with +rw...coasters with +r?

vbimport

Hi,

I’ve been burning fine for months with +rw and +r discs and it was working great. However, for the past few days it will only burn successfully with +rw discs. Sometimes it takes a few tries with those or they are coasters too. I changed the write speed, quality level,reinstalled the software, updated the firmware and I still get coasters with +r discs. I don’t get any errors, they just won’t play. The bottom of the disc looks like a normal burn. D’OH! Any ideas?

Boot into BIOS and verify that all hard drives and optical drives are seen and set to use AUTO detection. Save and exit. Reboot and go to Device Manager and remove the Primary and Secondary IDE channels. Reboot and verify that devices 0 and 1 in Primary and Secondary IDE channels are set to use DMA mode. Save and Reboot. Verify that all devices connected to Primary and Secondary IDE channels are running in DMA mode. Make sure the jumpers on the hardware are set to Cable Select OR Master/Slave if there are two devices connected to the IDE channel.

Also try Made in Japan DVD media.

Thank you Furballi! I will try that.