Ok What do I need?

vbimport

I have my burner set up now and it is working, I have burnt dvd’s before but I was using a copy of nero and it sucked, and made my computer crash, now that I have built a new pc I want to get some good software, what do I need to do the following

burn a dvd from a mpg, mov, or any file like that
copy a dvd from a dvd
make a cd-r I am using media player now and it is slow

what I have in terms of hardware

Pioneer DVR-116
SOny DVD-Rom
1TB worth of storage
plenty of ram and resources

thanks,
jon

[QUOTE=jon1996;2124198]I have my burner set up now and it is working, I have burnt dvd’s before but I was using a copy of nero and it sucked, and made my computer crash, now that I have built a new pc I want to get some good software, what do I need to do the following

burn a dvd from a mpg, mov, or any file like that
copy a dvd from a dvd
make a cd-r I am using media player now and it is slow

what I have in terms of hardware

Pioneer DVR-116
SOny DVD-Rom
1TB worth of storage
plenty of ram and resources

thanks,
jon[/QUOTE]

what do you mean copy of nero ? what version is it? to copy dvd movies you will need either Dvdfab Plat or Anydvd with CloneCD or CloneDVD to backup your movie to either dvd5 or dvd9 media. If your nero is working you can get Anydvd which has a 21 day trial usage to decrypt the media and then use nero to back your media to dvd5 or dvd9 media. But remember not to burn to fast and don’t multitask when you burn and also get good quality media.

well i aint a big fan of burning DVD Video’s from files like .mpg/.avi/.mov etc etc so ill just say this…

if your trying to make a copy of a original movie dvd you got then either getting Slysoft’s ANYDVD or DVDfab is pretty much a must have… along with some transcoding software like DVD Shrink etc etc

and for general DVD data burning i would recommend ImgBurn. (which is FREE software :wink: )

for AUDIO cd burning i recommend Burrrn (which is FREE software :slight_smile: )