Ok this is whacked..hordes of the underdark

protection id says the exe was securerom but was hacked when i scan it after installing hordes of the underdark (nwn expansion) when i scan the cd with clonecd it says only one bad sector 32170 or some such number…im going to just try cdmate and see if it copies…may have little or no protection on this one.:stuck_out_tongue:

>when i scan the cd with clonecd
>it says only one bad sector 32170

Mode 2 sector in a Mode 1 track: typical of SecuROM

could this be the 1st instance of securerom 5 as detectcd usually finds 4.85?

Make a .BWA, but then again, if it’s v-5 then it may have an anti-BWA mechanism - just guessing

im using bw5 with a plextor premium…ill report results when its done.

if anyone wants me to create a bwa file with bw4.57 i could…doesnt phil host a site that has those on it? how do you upload to his site?

ok bw5 copied it fine with my plex premium…clony xxl says securerom new so it may just be like 4.86 or something greater that protectionid can determine but its easily defeated. if you dont have a premium then use bwa.

Originally posted by Jamos
if anyone wants me to create a bwa file with bw4.57 i could…doesnt phil host a site that has those on it? how do you upload to his site?

Not me. You’re thinking of Portmac or Bulk.

yes im thinking of port sorry phil.:bigsmile:

also even looking at the exe with a hex editor after AddD looks like they scrambled it…no numbers…so im not sure exactly what securerom version this is other than new.

Originally posted by Jamos
[B]im using bw5 with a plextor premium…ill report results when its done.

if anyone wants me to create a bwa file with bw4.57 i could…doesnt phil host a site that has those on it? how do you upload to his site? [/B]

On the home page of my site is a link to email me, please send the .BWA and I will add it to the site.

The latest versions of securom (4.87) are encrypting the exe, so you won’t be able to get the version number. If you use a memory dumper or debugger you can still find the AddD and version.

Originally posted by Andareed
The latest versions of securom (4.87) are encrypting the exe, so you won’t be able to get the version number. If you use a memory dumper or debugger you can still find the AddD and version.

i found the addd stiring in the exe just no numbers after it. i think it may be 4.87 or 4.88…

Hi guys, I am kind of new with all this burning stuff but have been trying to make copies of NWN HotU. I have read the forums for this game and I don’t really understand all that well. Once someone succesfully copies the disc could you please help me out by writing simple steps down on how to do it. Like which programs to use (full names) and that sort of thing.
Thanks alot.
-genetic

I’m new to this too. I could use that BWA file, and some instructions on what to do with it. I just downloaded a trial of CloneCD and twinpeak. I am working on downloading a trial of Alcohol. I figure the trials will be enough to backup Hordes of the Underdark, and if I like them I’ll register when I’m ready to backup another game.

But, I really don’t know what to do with any of them. I saw a thread the other day on backing up Shadows of Undrentide, but I can’t find it now. I assumed the process would be basically the same.

I don’t know how big a BWA file is, but if it’s small enough, could someone email it to me? Or let me know when and if it goes up on Portmac’s site. I checked, and it doesn’t seem to be there yet.

Thanks,

Dyllan

Originally posted by dyllan
I could use that BWA file, and some instructions on what to do with it. I just downloaded a trial of CloneCD and twinpeak.

But, I really don’t know what to do with any of them.

See here .

Originally posted by dyllan
[B]
I don’t know how big a BWA file is, but if it’s small enough, could someone email it to me? Or let me know when and if it goes up on Portmac’s site. I checked, and it doesn’t seem to be there yet.

Thanks,

Dyllan [/B]

Neverwinter Nights - Hordes Of The Underdark .BWA file is now on my site.
You can get it Here.

Portmac, you’re my hero!

Thanks.

-Dyllan