Ok so I copied Doom 3 and it works BUT something weird happened

vbimport

Ok I got myself a copy of DOOM 3 retail, I pluged the first disk in and I did the Alc 120% copy of it via Safedisk settings. (NOT safediks 2/3).

The game copied fine and it plays fine but that’s the caveat. The game is able to play off my CD-RW without hidding my ATAPI code? I mean nomrally You would need to hide your ATAPI in order to play a SD game but in this case I place the copied CD into my CD-RW and it plays fine (loads ok). But I am wondering if the game has activated the SilentAlarm System or not. It might let me play but the SilentAlarm can be active. :frowning: I have no idea. Unless Alc120% hides the ATAPI automatically? I don’t have Alc tray running so I have no idea.

What is SilentAlarm? They report you (without telling you) that you made a backup/copy?

ATIP hiding has been removed (afaik) from a few protections. I don’t believe that securom checks it anymore.

“SilentAlarm” is macrovision’s trademark for an in-game mechanism that detects that you are using a copy, but allows the developper to chose what happens next (cripple gameplay, enemies can’t be killed, missing plot elements, …)

Securom has “Triggers”
Codemasters has “FADE”

^^^^ yeap
My flashlight goes on and off :slight_smile: I guess might be the “static Power source” :slight_smile:

Ok I used Plex Premium to read and write it.

Is there a way to check if silentalarm is enabled? And will it get disabled once I place my original disk in? or will the game continue to loose it’s quality (whatever that might be)?

well there are some limitations to what it can do.

I don’t think it will do a complete cd-check like it does at the program start. That would affect performance too much.

Things that are most likely in there:

• detect emulation software
  • detect if you tried to modify the exe (eg: “crack”)

As for the ATIP check, I have no idea, and don’t have any safedisc 3 games.

Due to the nature of the thing (“Silent” <=> stealth), it will not give you a clear sign that Silent Alarm is active.

It may or may not work correctly once you insert your original. This depends if this kind of information is kept in a save game and at which point there are silentAlarm checks (remember, each developer is responsible for choosing where the check(s) is/are)

The game is able to play off my CD-RW without hidding my ATAPI code?

i read in a german magazine here that there are different versions of doom 3!
different production rows… and one of those has a “wrong implemented” safedisc protection, which doesn’t work right…
maybe you got one of those?!?

ps: man, i WANT this game - hope i get it soon here in germany… where is my import-trader?!? :wink:

Nope the copy protection is working just fine. :slight_smile:

I just did a copy with Lite-on 411 and it DOES NOT WORK. It does not play (it tries to verify for 4 min then it dies).

Now the Plextor Premium copy works only on Plextor Premium :(, when placed in Liteon 411 it does the same as the copy made by liteon :(. And the copy from lite on does not work in my Plextor.

yeah, it’s sd 3.20 - which seems to be the most hardware-dependant copy protection 'till now…
For me, it worked every time to read the original with my Toshi (see signature) @ 1x speed with alcohol, using safedisc profile (not safedisc 2/3) and without the “skip read errors fast” option enabled… took around 6 hours to read, then wrote @ 4x speed with my plex prem using safedisc profile and these copies work fine on any of my drives… :slight_smile:

@Razor1982
Your Toshiba reads at 1x during the whole burning process???

MfG DeepInTrouble/Banshee

He’s not making a copy on the fly.
He reads the cdrom completely (6 hours) to his hard drive then burns it to cd-r.

He’s not making a copy on the fly.
He reads the cdrom completely (6 hours) to his hard drive then burns it to cd-r.

Yeah thats clear, but i want to know if the drive reads at 1x during the whole reading process…my Toshiba SD-M1712 reads at 1x and then it become faster…till 6x…sry for my bad english.

MfG DeepInTrouble

@Razor1982
Your Toshiba reads at 1x during the whole burning process???

read at 1x speed (or lower) 'til behind the bad-sectors, then (5 and a half hours later) speeds up to 4x…

Ok thx :wink:

MfG DeepInTrouble