OK. Own up, who's done it?

vbimport

Haha, maybe this thread is not what you were expecting. :bigsmile: :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway.
A lot of talk about Windows 7, but who’s actually tried the test versions?
What was it like for you?
Did it make the earth move for you? :eek:

After seeing Vista which I gave a fair chance to for 2 months, I hope W7 is better, although from screenshots it look slike a slightly improved Vista version.

But I too would like to see responses to peoples experinces with W7.

I think windows 7 will have “touch screen” so I wont be going with it. Not giving up my snacks for no operating system.

Im using Vista Home Prem but Would love to try Windows 7 for Fun .
where can I get a Test Version?
di ♥ vista

Windows 7…I’m still using 2000…

Windoze 7 is going to be a pay for upgrade every year from what i understand.

Unlike its predecessor, Windows 7 is intended to be an incremental upgrade with the goal of being fully compatible with existing device drivers, applications, and hardware. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7 but who knows right now.

MS is giving them for free?

[quote=Bob;2170027]Windoze 7 is going to be a pay for upgrade every year from what i understand.

Unlike its predecessor, Windows 7 is intended to be an incremental upgrade with the goal of being fully compatible with existing device drivers, applications, and hardware. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7 but who knows right now.[/quote]
Window 7 will be sold mostly in OEMs at first in a package deal with a computer and a monitor ( Made by HP) . Its like a big ITouch with an operating system.

[QUOTE=pipemanid;2170021]Windows 7…I’m still using 2000…[/QUOTE]

LMAO!! :bigsmile:

I’m still using XP :bigsmile:

OK, i’m guilty.
I’ve been using Windows 7 for a couple of days. You can get a copy via MSDN. I believe there will be many versions of W7. Touch screen support out the box, but not required if you don’t want touchscreen, it works just fine with a mouse and keyboard.

It’s slick and fast, but at the moment, not very stable. Its not even reached (beta stage) yet. So Diana, i would not recommend it as your only OS, not just yet.

Did it make the earth move for me?
Maybe just a little. :stuck_out_tongue:

Do they have the 64 bit variety at this time?

[QUOTE=Bob;2170152]Do they have the 64 bit variety at this time?[/QUOTE]
Yep, that is the 64bit version.
I’ll post a few more screenshots later. :wink:

I feel like such a jerk. My computer blew up when I tried to install SP3 and because of the changes I did not think M$ would allow me to re-install XP again. So I when out and got Vista Home Premium 64 bit version. Well M$ helped me put my machine back together and gave me a new authentication number to boot. So now I have this brand new Vista OS that I haven’t opened for about 4 months and Windows 7 is coming out. Maybe they will offer an upgrade price. But if it is tied into a monthly charge then I don’t want it. Who knows?

I did not do it

[quote=Dee-27;2170147]OK, i’m guilty.
I’ve been using Windows 7 for a couple of days. You can get a copy via MSDN. I believe there will be many versions of W7. Touch screen support out the box, but not required if you don’t want touchscreen, it works just fine with a mouse and keyboard.

It’s slick and fast, but at the moment, not very stable. Its not even reached (beta stage) yet. So Diana, i would not recommend it as your only OS, not just yet.

Did it make the earth move for me?
Maybe just a little. :p[/quote]Whats the maximum value? In vista it was 6.

[QUOTE=Hemispasm;2170208]Whats the maximum value? In vista it was 6.[/QUOTE]I think the max value is now 8, but don’t quote me on it.

The scale goes from 1.0 - 5.9

You can cheat and edit the values to display up-to 9.9

Values above 5.9 have yet to be defined.

:cool::cool:

[QUOTE=Dee-27;2170808]I think the max value is now 8, but don’t quote me on it.[/QUOTE]

Hi :slight_smile:
I am under the impression it 7.9 max… :bigsmile:
Also have a look here.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7714518.stm

7.9 could be right. I should have checked my hard drive score. :smiley:
BTW: I didn’t cheat, platinumsword.

I am not saying that you cheated. It can be done though.

According to Microsoft you can have values above 6, but they have yet to be determine the significance of the values that exceed 5.9. Microsoft has stated that the value ratings would be reevaluated every 12 to 18 months to accommodate innovation in technology.

Your at the top of scale and should be happy. I get the similar scores with vista and I have the top baseline score of 5.9.

:cool::cool: