Ok...Noobie basics please

Never yet copied a DVD. I would like to. Actually waht I would like to do is tocopy a VDV to my CPU & later burn it back to A DVD. What is the best way to accomplish this?

Sorry, what is a VDV?

Sorry bad spelling…meant DVD.

Actually my problem is this. I do not have a DVD burner at home. So What I was thinking of doing was to copy the DVD to my USB Hard drive & take it to work where I do have a DVD burner & burn it there.

But I do not know how.

geno.I think a vdv is a typo

Selkov…you will need a DVD burner, at least about 30GB of ntfs formated hard drive to store a movie or two on or about 10GB if you use AnyDvd and CloneDVD2 combo.

For someone just starting I would recomend AnyDvd and CloneDvd2 as they work hand in hand and do a great job. Later you can play with DvdShrink, DvdDecrypter, Fab Dvd Decrypter, Img Burn, Nero, and tons of other software that will let you edit as little or as much as you want.

Use a good burner and good media and the rest is a piece of cake.

Ooops, sorry :doh:

Well, for this you need a software to rip dvd on your harddrive, and then a software to compress/reauthor your movie.

As already said by G_Ivan Awfulitch AnyDvd and CloneDvd2 is a very good solution.

For most discs you will only need DvdShrink to do what you want. Use deep analysis to improve quality and shrink it to fit a DVD5 if that is what you will be burning to. You can then take your usb drive to work and burn the video DVD as you said.
Should be a simple process,
There are a few newer discs that may not decrypt properly with DVDShrink so you may need DVDFab Decrypter to extract the files to your hdd before you input them to DvdShrink.

If I wanted to view the movie from the hard drive what program would I use there?

Try PowerDVD

Thanks guys