Ok i dont get this get me out of doubt

vbimport

i have a nec 3500 and i try burning my dvd+r discs on nero the buffer level of the burnes goes down to like 7% and i would ike to know if this is normal i know ive asked before and i know bout the Aopc but all my burs are turning out bad i want to know if maybe its the media i use i use infomedia r20 media and i burn it at 8x

maybe i should burn it at 4 x? or is the media plain bad? or is it the burner? i dont get it it has messed up like 3 biurns already so i wpuld gladl;y apretiate good advice on this problem cuz i am kinda new to dvdr’s so please help me :bow:

You need to check that DMA is enabled for the drive. If it is only running in PIO mode, you will get the buffer fluctuations you describe.

Try burning them at 4x then or on a mtes burner and see if it’s the same, if so then literally burn the media as it’s probably crap!

its on ultra dma hmm i really dunno

i have a :

athlon 64 3200+
1gb ddr 400mhz ram
2x wd sata 160gb hd
1x maxtor 80 gb ide hd
df1 lanparty ut 250gb nforce 3

What buffer, exactly, are you referring to? The read buffer or the drive buffer?
It’s normal for the drive buffer to fluctuate to some extent due to pauses in the burn created by the WOPC, and during speed shifts. It’s not normal for the read buffer to go below 90% at any time, except maybe on 16x burns.

Boot into BIOS and verify that all hard drives and optical drives are seen and set to use AUTO detection. Save and exit. Reboot and go to Device Manager and remove the Primary and Secondary IDE channels. Reboot and verify that devices 0 and 1 in Primary and Secondary IDE channels are set to use DMA mode. Save and Reboot. Verify that all devices connected to Primary and Secondary IDE channels are running in DMA mode. Make sure the jumpers on the hardware are set to Cable Select OR Master/Slave if there are two devices connected to the IDE channel.

drive buffer and it goes down to like 7%

thats the weird thing and apartently it burns cds well the prob is with the dvds

i have it on Ultra dma is that a problem ? is there a diference between dma and ultra dma on this case?

It’s normal for the drive bufer to fluctuate. As long as the read buffer is full, you don’t have a problem. (If the burn completes in the correct amount of time.)

It’s normal.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=120934#features-bufferjump

ok but the dvds go bad thats the problem

its like it cant read it even when i burn it a 4x

Use DVD Indentifier and post your media ID code.

I am guessing it’s your dvd medias that is problematic. Try getting a good one and try :cool: