Ohoh! got my 4163B finally

vbimport

should I upgrade the firmware?

At least my 4163 already had a101.

does that mean anything?

just upgrade. not difficult afterall.

welcome to Club LG, better late than never. :smiley:

The main reason why I updated to 101 was that there exists the TDB RPC1 version… still hoping for a rip lock free one though. fingers crossed

That’s nice. I just got mine yesterday. I like it very much already.

My FW is A100

I’m probably going to buy the LG 4163 after looking at all the sucessfull burn results with different media and was just wondering did you buy the Retail version of it and if so what package difference is there with the OEM version. curently OEM is the only one available for me . What software does the retail version come with and does OEM come with any blank media ? THankxz hope someone clarifies my question :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
Wonder wat NEC and the BENQ SUPPORTERS ARE GONNA BE DOING NOW THT LG SEEMS 2 be takin over :stuck_out_tongue:

I bought mine from eDaZZ.com in California. pricewatch.com is where I check for everything. I got the retail version in a factory box with software. No blank media in the box. You can see it all on newegg’s site if you click on their add for the LG4163 retail version. It is $77.99 + $4.00 shipping.

It was$77 + $5.00 shipping by DHL. I got it in under 24 hours. It went out on Wednesday a little before 4 P.M. It showed up at my door near Seattle at 3:23 P.M. Thursday.

The software is Cyberlink and Nero 6.3 something. I haven’t installed the new Nero yet. I currently have 5.5. I will install the new Nero tomorrow after I remove the old one.

I was going to buy from from newegg.com, but they were out for a few days and now have them in. I prefer to buy from them when I can.

I have been using the RAM and RW discs I bought prior to getting the drive to back up my files from the hard drive.

I bought 600 8X + R ( FujiFilm ) Ty T02 at Best Buy about 2 weeks ago for $40.00 per 100 stack ( they are now $80.00 ). They say made in Japan on the silver top.

I haven’t burned any yet, though.

The OEM version is just a bare drive. For a few dollars more, you get some upgradeable software.

I researched drives for several months, waiting for some of the new stuff to come out. I wanted RAM.

I also read the Korean guy’s ( Kenny ) many posts.

I’ll wait for an LG burner which will do x4 DL :stuck_out_tongue:

So why wait? :confused:

My information shows that the 4163B DOES do DVD+R DL at 4X

Here:http://de.lge.com/prodmodeldetail.do?actType=search&page=1&modelCategoryId=040204&categoryId=040204&parentId=0402&modelCodeDisplay=GSA-4163B&model=6

THankz for that isadore2 :slight_smile: appreciated
I guess I’m going to have to buy the OEM VERSION cuz thts the only one available here in New Zealand :stuck_out_tongue:
Will also read wat newegg’s postings have… If only newegg did provide international shipping :frowning: can’t find a good cheap computer store that does international shipping …

600 dvd’rs :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
send me a pack :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I’m going to have to get a OEM version plus I got all the software thats bundled from other products… And lol the OEM version in New Zealand is $128 US DOLLARS !!! :frowning: :frowning:

If anyone knows a good cheap computer store that does international shipping please let me know :smiley: :cool: :bigsmile:
Cheerz

HOW STUPID OF ME !!! www.pricewatch.com has international dealers on it … Thxz isadore2 becuase of you I looked at the site, properly … DAm no LG 4163 :frowning:

I’m sorting out my hard disc first, and then I’ll organise files in 8.5GB ready to burn straight to DVD+R DL. Also DL media is pretty expensive.

Congratulations! You were one of the first who got LG GSA-4120B and PX-716A here, but GSA-4163B was a little unkind to you probably. :bigsmile: