Oh Noo Doom 3 To Be Starforce 3

vbimport

lol oh well anywasy i was going to buy it but i like backing my stuff up damn u sf3 to hell. I have an inside source telling me yes it wil be starforce 3 :cop: half life 2 will be securom 5 xxxx thank god lol

:a :a :a :a :a :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
…and it will not even prevent the various warez groups from releasing a cracked version on the net as soon as it hits the stores (if not before…)

Still, it surprises me as ID software never put copy protection on their games up to now. And Activision uses safedisc ATM.

HalfLife Blue Shift was SecuROM.

Cheers

But it was published by Sierra, not ID or Activision… What did you try to tell us in this post ?

My bad, it’s late here. Nice catch though docdocdoc9 :slight_smile:

Lol.

@magiceyes118 you chat shit, Starforce is not really used in the UK/US much and i have NEVER seen a Activision game protected with Starforce. As docdocdoc9 mentioned, they used SD3.x at the moment (True Crime, Call of Duty).

@KitnaIsntHappy Get some sleep lol

It would be very stupid for such a massive hit as Doom 3 inevitably will be to be released with starforce 3 copy protection. Games using this protection are being returned to the shops all too frequently because of what starforce drivers can do to your system. This is damaging sales of such games and so could effect how well Doom sells!

Then again if such big titles are released with this type of protection, there will be more incentive for starforce to be by-passed and working backups created :smiley:

(magiceyes118) half life 2 will be securom 5 xxxx thank god lol

LOL

But is there a difference from older and newer SecuROM versions ? Or does it use the same technology much updated like SafeDisc does ? Oh, and does anybody have a website which tells how securom worx ?

(CD 1986) Games using this protection are being returned to the shops all too frequently because of what starforce drivers can do to your system

What are you talkin’ about ?

In my opinion we should all wait until these games are available for the public and somebody takes a look at the protections they are using. Maybe magiceyes118 inside source is wrong and these games are using no protection, who knows :p.

Starforce drivers can slow down your system quite a considerable amount, and people are furious that they are installed in secret.

There is a thread somewhere here that addresses this and a long talk about it.

This is just plain untrue.

Do these people realise that nearly all copy protections do this?
Or should starforce installer say ‘Click I agree if you accept the licence agreement, oh and by the way we will install drivers too’

Cheers

Yes.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=97861

damn man. this is f**ked :frowning:

If Doom 3 does turn out to be SF3 protected there may be some way of backing it up by the time it is released. But I don’t see why anyone wouldnt buy this highly anticipated game just because it has StarForce 3…

Because noone wants to support this I-will-install-sht-fcking-drivers-without-your-agreement-and-additionaly-may-make-your-system-instable-proceeding.

Well while we’re enjoying our game you can protest about StarForce 3:)

If doom 3 realy will have Starforce 3 then Starforce 3 is DOOMED :smiley:

Doom 3 will be released on the 1-3rd of august in the US, and 13-14th for the UK. I doubt a solution for Starforce 3 will appear before then.

All I can say is if they use starforce on Doom 3 they can keep it.