OH NO my PX-760A died?

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Plextor PX-760A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Problems after 19 months and probably 400 DVD Movie burns. :flower:
Yesterday I burned 2 copies of Ironman new release, my son is building a new comp, so I pop over to plextor website to look at new DVD models for his new machine. While there I see there is newer firmware. I install it and now my 760A doesn’t see DVD’s , I call plextor tech support {3 times} we uninstalled and tried every firmware version they have there, we removed the filters{upper and lower}. One note the firmware 1.01 and 1.02 will not install get an error. :confused::frowning:
The drive still see’s CD’s fine, makes no noise like most dying drives make, happened after the fireware update. Plextor apoligized and said I was out of warranty. :a

I am now looking for a fix {doubtful but hoping! } :iagree:
At the very least, I need direction to a good new burner for Double layer DVD’s. Preferably as good or better then my 760A which was awesome for almost two years.
I have gone threw dozens of burners across the years, my 760A was a dream come true on longevity and how many Burns it made with no errors, and very few coasters.:bow::smiley:
Help need direction for new recommendations, do I buy a used 760A , 800A or 820A, or new if I can find one, or go on to something better… Thanks for any help you can toss my way… :slight_smile: t2mustang-at-hotmail.com is my email and i will check back here also. Thanks