Official Poll: Which DVD Writer Do You Want To Buy Now?

Much has changed since each of the first release of DVD-RAM, DVD-R, and DVD+R drive. DVD Multi no more means the exclusion of DVD+RW. Sony already has Blu-ray drives that even support Ultra160 SCSI. From April 8, 2003 to December 31, 2003, which DVD writers do you want to buy? Of course, you may choose more than one unit and more than one type.

Somehow nobody has yet chosen Ricoh or Sanyo.

Is there a reason why they should???

I would like the new LiteON burner and the Blu-ray recorder, but at 13 years old I don’t really have the money.

Save,Chriso,save ,by the time you get enough,there will be something better than what’s available now…:wink:

Originally posted by Chriso
I would like the new LiteON burner and the Blu-ray recorder, but at 13 years old I don’t really have the money.

At 13, an 8-bit Apple was more expensive than the home my family lived. The largest removable “storage” available to the machine had less than 1MB per disk.

Now, we are all going to have something that allows millions of times more data onto each disk.

HP DVD300i available for 340,000 Won South Korea and NEC ND-1300A availalbe for 28,799 Yen in Japan.

Maybe I begin with those which I wouldn’t buy:

HP: cost twice as much as any other drive which does the same (at least here)
Pioneer A06/A07: No idea what things a company which removes cd-r overburning from a firmware comes up with next
Plextor: too expensive for a rebadged drive
any blue ray: 2 formats are enough. 3 are too many :frowning:

Originally posted by alexnoe
Maybe I begin with those which I wouldn’t buy:

HP: cost twice as much as any other drive which does the same (at least here)
Pioneer A06/A07: No idea what things a company which removes cd-r overburning from a firmware comes up with next
Plextor: too expensive for a rebadged drive
any blue ray: 2 formats are enough. 3 are too many :frowning:

Plextor 540 4x DVD+R drive now costs less than US$200 in Japan. :wink: (Not that it really matters especially since NEC ND-1100A can be bought for under 200 Euro in Europe now.)

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=154199

NEC ND-1100A from Dell just a little over US$150. Since it’s only a few weeks from June, we will soon hear the first stories of sample 8x DVD writers though mass production will only occur as early as in the second half of 2003.

“Pioneer DVR-A06/A07”

What the hell is this? - there’s no such drive (yet) is there?

Why are you wasting our time?

Originally posted by AbRASiON
“Pioneer DVR-A06/A07”

What the hell is this? - there’s no such drive (yet) is there?

Why are you wasting our time?

Gotta wait for at least a few more weeks.

I am happy with my HP 300I so far. Have only burned CDRW at this point, though. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Kenshin
[B]

Gotta wait for at least a few more weeks. [/B]

Kenshin:

I found reference to A06 firmware (CRACKED?) already on some kind of “RPC-1pioneer.dodgy.com” or something site yesterday - I was quite surprised.

Anyone got more info on this A06?

Originally posted by AbRASiON

Kenshin:

I found reference to A06 firmware (CRACKED?) already on some kind of “RPC-1pioneer.dodgy.com” or something site yesterday - I was quite surprised.

Anyone got more info on this A06?

I can’t find the site.

NEC ND-1100A is now under £130 in the UK

I want a MtRainer burner.
Ricoh is the best for me.

regards.
ferraman

Originally posted by Ruffrob
Save,Chriso,save ,by the time you get enough,there will be something better than what’s available now…:wink:

and cheaper hehe :smiley: :smiley:

I am waiting for some burners which are faster and cheaper.
Pioneer A05 will cost $240 ( 2,000 RMB ) in China. Em…

Originally posted by Chriso

and cheaper hehe

I’m bettting on that to complete my tower and start my next PC!!!