Official NEC2500a 1.07 firmware!

Don’t exactly know if this has been posted before but you can find the new official firmware 1.07 @

http://www.necd.de/softwareoverview2.php/id/557

Please remove this in case of double post

Sharkey

has anyone tried this yet?

Originally posted by sunama

has anyone tried this yet?
First official firmware update for ND2500A from NEC

Its a improvement over stock 1.06 if your using that.

Just downloaded the 1.07 & the read me file reports ------

-This update dont create a dual layer writing function.

-this Update works only with NEC ND-2500A (retail&bulk), not with OEM releases.
(OEM means part of a full PC package or external USB/FireWire variant of this burner)
For OEM products contact your dealer, distributior or manufacturer of PC package.

-You can only update from Firmwareversion 1.06.
(you can verify firmware with NERO Info Tool: http://www.nero.com)
are is okay for

Quest Solver

Originally posted by Quest Solver
[B]Just downloaded the 1.07 & the read me file reports ------

-This update dont create a dual layer writing function.

-this Update works only with NEC ND-2500A (retail&bulk), not with OEM releases.
(OEM means part of a full PC package or external USB/FireWire variant of this burner)
For OEM products contact your dealer, distributior or manufacturer of PC package.

(you can verify firmware with NERO Info Tool: http://www.nero.com)
are is okay for

Quest Solver [/B]

blah it works fine with any version of firmware…i upgraded from herries to this…then went back to herries!:stuck_out_tongue:

Thanx Jamos
Do you think its worth flashing to the 1.07 or wait for Herries final? Im having no probs with 1.06 stock firmware it does what I want & if it aint boke dont fix it? :confused:

Quest Solver

Hi!

According to NEC, version 1.07 supports more media, but all the new supported media types are not recommended. So if you don’t use these types of media, you won’t feel any improvements over 1.06.

If you want bitsetting, you have to flash Herries 1.08, which is a modified firmware version 1.27 from HP. The media support and writing strategies seem to be almost identical to NECs 1.07 firmware. I’m using this one! :wink: (Thank you, Herrie!)

If you want higher burning speeds and bitsetting you’ll have to go for Herries 1.07b7 firmware, which is supposed to produce best quality burns from all the betas released. Although there seem to be some problems with DVD+RW…

Legnerp

Thanx Legnerp
Im happy with my burns @ the moment but if a firmware update will improve the burn even further it must be worth doing, this is the part which I find risky as there seems room for improvement as Herrie is still striving for perfection (another beta & maybe a final?) I think Ill wait & see.

Quest Solver

[B]Thanx Jamos
Do you think its worth flashing to the 1.07 or wait for Herries final? Im having no probs with 1.06 stock firmware it does what I want & if it aint boke dont fix it? :confused:

Quest Solver [/B]

i like it using it now until herries 1.08 is released…cant overspeed but thats ok with me when i get burns like these;)

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=589764#post589764

WOW!

That’s some burn!
Never seen such before!
Congratulations!

Legnerp

Originally posted by Legnerp
[B]WOW!

That’s some burn!
Never seen such before!
Congratulations!

Legnerp [/B]

i dont know why but i may just have a really good batch of prodisks;) but im not complaining! also i really like the 811/hsop combo for scanning with kprobe…its very consistent.

Great Burns Jamos:iagree:

Quest Solver

Really ?

Originally posted by BoSkin

No, you can flash it directly, w/o going back to the stock FW.

Well Jamos was right, not that I doubted him (LOL) I flashed my OEM NEC 2500A form 1.06 to 1.07 all went well.
Why would NEC say you can`t do it if you can? Whats all that about?
Quest Solver

This is my 1st test using KProbe
What do you think?
Quest Solver

Well Jamos was right, not that I doubted him (LOL) I flashed my OEM NEC 2500A form 1.06 to 1.07 all went well.
Why would NEC say you can`t do it if you can? Whats all that about?
Quest Solver

because they dont want you to go back to older firmware then ask them questions on why the drive doesnt burn right…liteon says the same thing you cant go back to older firmware…bunch of rubbish.

What do you think?
Quest Solver

I think I need a magnifier :rolleyes:

What do you think?
Quest Solver

very excellent scan you see how nice your nec drive is!:wink:

I`ve just done a couple of other tests on another DVD but this time I did 2 tests on the same disc. Why the big difference?