Official MSI forum admins and mods revolt - start new forum

I just posted the article Official MSI forum admins and mods revolt - start new forum.

MSI, worldwide known manufacturer of mainboards, graphic cards, laptops and more seems to suffer from a revolt of their support forum admins and mods

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/official-msi-forum-admins-and-mods-revolt-start-new-forum-62722/](http://www.myce.com/news/official-msi-forum-admins-and-mods-revolt-start-new-forum-62722/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Do you see any angry mob with pitchforks outside the MyCEburg Castle yet, or are you safe? :bigsmile:

^Sshh. We’re still trying to find a good supply of tar and feathers. :bigsmile:

Not a true revolt… if MSi decides to go against their forum staff, they could just support other m/b makers… and there are still plenty to choose from:
gigabyte, abit, ecs, biostar, asus, asrock, supermicro, etc…

given so much consolidation in tech… it’s s surprise there are still so many m/b makers… you’d think two would merge by now… just about EVERY other component in a desktop had companies merge, including case mfg.

MSI sells a great deal more than just MBs.

[QUOTE=CDan;2646143]MSI sells a great deal more than just MBs.[/QUOTE]
So do at least 2 other m/b mfg-- ASUS and Gigabyte come to mind…

Unofficial support forums…

We tried MagicJack a few years ago, not immediately understanding that their “free phone calls anyway” wasn’t the same as ‘free unlimited…’.

Because the server services that fellow contracts with can cut off any call at any time. “Get two MagicJacks and then use the second one” was their official recommendation. HUH?!!

But more strange, there is an ‘unofficial support forum’ that was pretty fantastic, and all kinds of work-arounds and better usage-tips abound.

It was still a product we simply couldn’t accept or recommend for the variable timings on any phone call (amount of worldwide usage at the central server farms seems to affect length of calls), and maybe the existence of a superior “unofficial forum” was a key indicator of what that so-called company was worth. It seemed to be a one key-person operation who stole/bought some ex-friend’s USB gadget for off-shore production, farmed out set-up software, then contracts with one or a few server-farms.

Interesting in that regard. Kind of like “Fungus growing on damp vegetation - interesting!”

I’ve heard worse horror stories about Majic Jack service… I’m sure it’s gotten a litte better, however it still doesn’t beat Ooma. They would never let a user or block of users overutilize their fair share of service. Obviously Magic Jack was getting hosed at the expense of customers. Feel free to buy an Ooma… I’ve never had a call dropped on me…

You can get it at this link for $149.99/free shipping// Expires 7/31 so, hurry!

The Internet is full of scams, but for just $19.95 I can show you how to avoid them.

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2646132]Not a true revolt… if MSi decides to go against their forum staff, they could just support other m/b makers… and there are still plenty to choose from:
gigabyte, abit, ecs, biostar, asus, asrock, supermicro, etc…

given so much consolidation in tech… it’s s surprise there are still so many m/b makers… you’d think two would merge by now… just about EVERY other component in a desktop had companies merge, including case mfg.[/QUOTE]

Amen. That’s the thing with competition today - if we don’t like one brand, we can simply move onto someone else. They’re all offering similar parts and specs all for the same amount of money. If MSI are squeezed out of the competition for whatever reason, I don’t think MSI will be missed. I don’t actually know anyone who uses a MSI motherboard or other computer part for that matter :confused: