OfficeMax 100 pack Arita update!

vbimport

Read this first…

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86329

I had been having a he!! of a time finding an OfficeMax store with the Arita DVD+R 100 pack in stock. Got a lot of “we might get more by the end of the week” or “we could give you a raincheck”. I finally got one OfficeMax in my area that said “no, we won’t get any more, but we have an approved substitute on which the rebate will be honored”. Holding my breath, I went to the store to find they will substitute Imation 4x DVD+R, (4) 25 pack spindles, and sell them to you for the $59.99 price of the Aritas. OfficeMax showed me the internal documentation indicating this is an approved substitute, and that submitting receipt etc. using the original Arita selection on the rebate form will get you the $20.

It turns out they are Ricoh JPNR01’s!

Call your OfficeMax stores and see if they will do the same! Yes, there’s a chance we will get screwed on the rebate, but then again they might be telling the truth (actually, I’m curious to see if this is something beyond this one store). And, unlike some a the last comments in the original thread, these are sold as 4x disks, nice smooth edges. Burning one tonight to see what Kprobe says! :bigsmile:

I don’t know for those you have. But the few Imations I’ve had have been the best ricohjpnr01 discs I’ve ever had!

So if they are the same, enjoy your perfect quality r01 discs :smiley:

every week, officemax issues a substitute list for items that they think will sell out, so this applies to every store. sometimes, not only will they give u the substitute, but they’ll also deduct the amount of the rebate instantly (varying on an item by item basis). two weeks ago, they had 5pks of Imation dvd+rs for $7 - $5 MIR = $2. the substitute was a 5pk of Memorex dvd+rs for $2 out the door.

please don’t make another CDFreaks effect!

You know what I am talking about!

my Office max here is substituting Memorex 2.4x disks. The guy sure wanted to get me out the door with them, but I didn’t know much about them. (I have a optorite DD0401)

I did manage to get a rain check, hopefully they get some more in. :confused:

2 of my stores sold out of the Aritas then sold out of their subs so they are waiting for more Aritas. The other store still had a few but it was too far to go to get another batch of the 00 media so I passed. They all said maybe by end of the the week.

Originally posted by scottydawg
[B]my Office max here is substituting Memorex 2.4x disks. The guy sure wanted to get me out the door with them, but I didn’t know much about them. (I have a optorite DD0401)

I did manage to get a rain check, hopefully they get some more in. :confused: [/B]

They are RICOHJPNR01

Media Information                            

Region information N/A not a DVD-VIDEO
Media code/Manufacturer ID RICOHJPNR01
Format Capacity Not Formatted
Free Blocks 405405696
Free Capacity 4.38GB(4.70GB)
Book Type DVD+R
Media Type DVD+R
Media Id Code Speed 4.0x 5540KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 8.0x 11080KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 6.0x 8310KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 4.0x 5540KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 2.4x 3324KBps
Data area starting sector 30000h
Linear Density 0.267um/bit
Track Density 0.74um/track
Number of Layers 1

Actually, Memorex 2.4x DVD+R will not be Ricoh JPNR-01. They will be JPNR-00 or even CMC.

]

Originally posted by rdgrimes
[B]Actually, Memorex 2.4x DVD+R will not be Ricoh JPNR-01. They will be JPNR-00 or even CMC.

] [/B]

Sorry, I just check again and it is Memorex 4x with code R01, not 2.4x.

My friend who got really luck got 4x 25pk Fuji because they run out of all sub.

The manager told me:
-Arita 100pk first.
-Sub with Imation 4x 25pk.
-Then sub again with 2x 50pk memorex.

If all out of stock then depend on the manager, raincheck or another sub (some even get Khypermedia 4x 25pk)

Officemax just like a zoo with those sub!

yeah, I went to 3 stores. and Called 5 more. They were pretty much cleaned out of anything that they would substitute.

I will prolly stop in tommorow and see what that one office max is subsituting. They were substuting those Memorex disks before the Imatations

Sold out of the Arita’s, so they subbed the Imations. Haven’t checked yet what they are but they do say 4x on the package.
Also the manager at our store, said if you get rejected on the rebate (though it is supposed to work) then bring the rejection letter to the store and they will refund the rebate to you.

they subed 4x imations today at office max.

They ID is RICOHJPNR01

looks like my drive will burn to them at 8x

I hear that a lot of OM got shipments today of the Aritas.

I had called 4 OM’s before finding one that actually got them in stock…again. The replenishment/replacement ones are Arita 4X in plastic spindles, with the purple/silver tops, even the UPC was labelled as 4X, RIDATA. DVD Identifier did ID’d them as RICOHJPN-R01-R02.

Mine were actually the purple/white ones and says 2.4x on them. They still were identified as RICOHJPNR01.

I saw the restocks, they looked like good quality discs too. Not some overstock/B grade spindleless discs like the first batch of arita’s were.

Originally posted by sat985
I saw the restocks, they looked like good quality discs too. Not some overstock/B grade spindleless discs like the first batch of arita’s were.

And are they sold at the same price?

My store was still out so they called another close store for me and they were subbing Imataion 25 packs for the same price for 4. They all apear to be the Ricoh 01 and say 4x on them :slight_smile: They haven’t got any more of the Aritas around here but now I have over 200 blanks that work at at least 4x and the Imatations go 6 to 8 pretty well depending on my luck and the firmware I’m trying.

I wanted to pick up some more so I checked the nearest two stores to me. They both were out of the Aritas, the Memorex, and the Imation. I did get a rain check for some Aritas or substitue for $39.

Stores in my area get their trucks on Mondays not Thurdays.