Office Depot Sux!

vbimport

They sold me a Philips DVD+R 50 pack, buy one get one free!
And I couldn't find the rated speed anywhere in the web page so I assumed it was 4X! I was wrong! I found out at the store pick-up site that it was 2.4X!

How come a renowned online and offline store can cheat their customers by not specifying one of the most important factors of DVD+R, the speed it can write up to!

I wasted a good hour for this and I feel cheated and victimised.

DO NOT BUY THIS: http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=942778

My understanding was that if there are no speed identification on any packaging types, then it’s assumed to be 2.4X or lower. I stopped by an OD today, and surprisingly, all the Philips were sold out. But I lucked out on their past deal on the Imation’s buy 1 get 1 free deal; got 100 of the 4X RICOHJPNR01 for about $60 after some coupons and mix-up.

There seems to be a great deal this week at OfficeMax of the mysterious 100 blank DVDs for $40 after rebate. They are sold as Arita 2.4X, but some have reported getting the RICOH R01, while others have gotten the R00 (2.4X). YMMV.

Originally posted by KTL
My understanding was that if there are no speed identification on any packaging types, then it’s assumed to be 2.4X or lower.

that’s exactly how it is.

all manufacturers label their dvds this way, and it’s not OD’s fault that u assumed they were 4x.

Originally posted by KTL
There seems to be a great deal this week at OfficeMax of the mysterious 100 blank DVDs for $40 after rebate. They are sold as Arita 2.4X, but some have reported getting the RICOH R01, while others have gotten the R00 (2.4X). YMMV.

Arita is the brand name Ritek sells their dvds under, and they manufacture Ricoh’s dvds. all Arita/Ritek dvd+rs will have a Ricoh media id.

Originally posted by giggy

How come a renowned online and offline store can cheat their customers by not specifying one of the most important factors of DVD+R, the speed it can write up to!

Sue them for their criminal negligence ! :bigsmile:

I can’t remember ever seeing 4x Phillips DVD+R.