Office Depot, Phillips DVD+R 50 disc sale!

vbimport

It doesn't say the speed. I don't know who made these media and at what speed it can write.

Anyone know about this media?

Philips¢ç DVD+R Media Spindle, 4.7GB, Pack Of 50

Originally posted by giggy

I don’t know who made these media
Most likely RICOHJPN

New Philips discs are probably CMC Magnetics.

Antec Truepower 550W

OT:
Giggy, my Antec True 550 blew up today, literally. Very big noise and very bad smell. Scared the crap outta me, I was sitting right next to it when it blew. Didn’t hurt anything though, so they must be well protected against surges. I had visions of 4 dead HD’s and 4 dead burners, :eek:

Originally posted by rdgrimes
OT:
Giggy, my Antec True 550 blew up today, literally. Very big noise and very bad smell. Scared the crap outta me, I was sitting right next to it when it blew. Didn’t hurt anything though, so they must be well protected against surges. I had visions of 4 dead HD’s and 4 dead burners, :eek:

OMFG! It must’ve been a hella shock!:eek: :a My Antec Trupower is about one and a half years old and I hope it will be alright. 4 harddrives and 4 burners must cost a fortune. OH DEAR~

Why don’t you ask for some compensation to Antec?

BTW, do not buy Philips DVD+R from Office Depot because they are idiotic 2.4X: They cleverly don’t mention the speed online. Bad boy…

I canceled damn Philips as soon as I saw the rated speed at 2.4 at the store where I went to pick up the media.

OMFG! It must’ve been a hella shock! My Antec Trupower is about one and a half years old and I hope it will be alright. 4 harddrives and 4 burners must cost a fortune. OH DEAR~

It was only 6 months old, bought it from a local shop. They gave me full credit on a new , cheaper, Thermaltake 480, even had enough left over for some DVD-R’s. :bigsmile: So far there seems to be no damage, except for my undies. :o

Originally posted by giggy

I canceled damn Philips as soon as I saw the rated speed at 2.4 at the store where I went to pick up the media.
Perhaps the older Ricoh would have been a better choice than the newer CMC.