Office Depot DVD+RW/-RW, Pack Of 25 $7.99

Office Depot has thier branded DVD+RW or DVD-RW Rewriteable Media Spindle, 4.7GB/120 Minutes, Pack Of 25 for $7.99. Free in-store pick-up or free next business day delivery for $50.00 or more. Even with tax comes out to about $.35 each. Good deal but have no idea about the quality.

Link: http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?id=774072

Has anyone bought these before?

And if so, can you let me know who makes them and the ID code. I need some DVD+RWs but my Cyberhome DVD recorder does not work very good with a lot of DVD+RWs. As an example, the 50 Phillips DVD+RWs I bought a few months ago will not work at all getting error messages when my DVD recorder tries to format them.

Thanks

Clayton Gerow

Stick with the DVD+RWs. According to videohelp.com, they should be Ricoh.

The DVD+RW I bought from Office depot is Ritek 004

Always DVD+RWs for me, DVD-RWs do not work at all in my cyberhome.

Ricohs are supposed to work pretty good so I am going to give them a try.

Thanks for the tip about videohelp.com also.

CLGerow

I’m returning 2 packs of the +RW’s (Ritek 004) today.
My Lite-On LDW-451S does not finalize them properly. My cheap “Funai” SV2000 WV10D6 writes to them, but all my players cannot play them. Some get as far as the menu, and then start breaking up when I try playing the titles.

I recommend using these. They’re kind of expensive, but have always worked well with my Sony RDR-GX330 DVD Recorder. I got them at Office Max for $13.00 for a 10 pack. YMMV. They’re cheaper on the web but I needed them that day.

Not to completely excuse the media, but something to note here - older Liteon burners are average at best, and more importantly these are 4x RW media and older burners have no support for them. RW media usually performs poor when not burned at its rated speed also, so this is definitely a burner issue. Also, the same holds true for standalone DVD Recorders, they don’t have particularly good support for newer, higher speed RW media and this is again probably the issue rather than the media. I’m not suggesting this is the best media, but RW media will give all sorts of problems with a lack of support. Used in a modern burner they will usually work fine. Stick to 2-2.4x RW media with your burner and recorder for better chances of success.

I have purchased these DVD-RW’s from office depot at their store.
The link you gave shows them at $27.99, not $7.99. Either they had a temporary blow out sale or you misread the information.

I did purchase these at their store for $14.99 when they were on sale 3 months ago. They have performed flawlessly. I use them in a Panasonic DVD recorder for recording TV programs, watching them and then erasing and rerecording another TV program.

tmalkus, you’re looking at a thread that’s 6 months old.

[QUOTE=tmalkus;2032989]I have purchased these DVD-RW’s from office depot at their store.
The link you gave shows them at $27.99, not $7.99. Either they had a temporary blow out sale or you misread the information.

I did purchase these at their store for $14.99 when they were on sale 3 months ago. They have performed flawlessly. I use them in a Panasonic DVD recorder for recording TV programs, watching them and then erasing and rerecording another TV program.[/QUOTE]Considering this was posted almost 2 yrs ago it’s not surprising the price isn’t the same :p.

Media are so cheap. Reconsider before buying +RW or -RW because they burn slow, and you have to erase it every time. Even for temporary transfer, use regular blank, it costs around $0.20 each

[QUOTE=ghetocowboy;2033034]Media are so cheap. Reconsider before buying +RW or -RW because they burn slow, and you have to erase it every time. Even for temporary transfer, use regular blank, it costs around $0.20 each[/QUOTE]

:iagree::iagree::iagree::bow: