Of 50,000 Windows 8 users, 53% prefer Windows 7

vbimport

I just posted the article Of 50,000 Windows 8 users, 53% prefer Windows 7.

A large Windows 8 support forum has done a survey and asked more than 50,000 people about their opinion on Microsoft’s latest and upcoming OS. The result should be disappointing for Microsoft…

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/of-50000-windows-8-users-53-prefer-windows-7-64064/](http://www.myce.com/news/of-50000-windows-8-users-53-prefer-windows-7-64064/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

That means 47% prefer Windows 8 and it hasn’t been released yet, I bet those liking Windows 8 goes way up when the release is available.

I would bet your right Alan1476 especially with the windows 8 pricing promo 40.00 upgrade and full retail being priced around 70.00 for the length of their promotion starting Oct 26th.:smiley:

I’ve seen other polls like this at sites around the net. The last one showed only 7% saying they were going to use Windows 8 and 19% undecided. The rest were sticking with older versions of Windows or used alternative operating systems.

How to “properly” interpret any poll.
It’s all Bull Manure!
Which also pretty much sums up Windoze 8.

I seem to remember when Windows Vista came out. People seemed to hate it! I, myself was quite frustrated with it, until I figured out how to find the user folders (such as the “true” application data folder), and how to disable UAC.

Then, suddenly, Microsoft came out with Seven, which is so similar to Vista, that it comes with an internal version number of 6.1 (as opposed to Vista, which is 6.0). Why they called it “Windows 7”, I don’t know. But, everyone loved it! Perhaps the same will come of Windows “9” (assuming that’s what Microsoft is unoriginal enough to call it). I’m sure it will still have the Windows 8-Style Gui (aka “not-metro”) theme, and for some reason people will magically start to love it.

PS: I’m sure Microsoft will make it EVEN HARDER to implement a third-party start menu than they have with the release of 8.

Hard to believe the biggest problem people have with Windows 8 is the price. The current price must make it the cheapest Windows ever.

I will wait for Windows 9, maybe 10 if I live that long, but Ill buy one version of 8 because I have 4 builds, so having it on 1 computer is fine for testing.

I’ve been using Win8 evaluation version for 29 days according the amount of time I have left for evaluation.

At first I had to force myself to use Win8 over Win7, but now I’ve got used to Win8 I don’t have a problem with it, in fact I like its functionality.

I don’t use Metro much (just a couple of apps) but the familiar desktop is just one click away, where I have all my apps sorted into folders for easy access from the desktop. I used this method on Win7 anyway (see pic below of my Win8 desktop).

To restart the PC is still 3 clicks, just like Win7, to shutdown the PC is one extra click over Win7, which is hardly a big task.

Under the bonnet, Win8 is faster, and I will purchase at least one copy of Win8 Professional when it becomes available.

Personally, I don’t care what anyone else thinks about Win8, only how I feel about it, as it’s me who will be using it. :slight_smile:
Everyone else can use what they want, that’s their choice.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2657013]I will wait for Windows 9, maybe 10 if I live that long, but Ill buy one version of 8 because I have 4 builds, so having it on 1 computer is fine for testing.[/QUOTE]your going to wait for windows 9 makes me laugh do you really think Microsoft is going to go backwards to a desktop only without the metro apps if they do they will be bankrupt.

[QUOTE=Dee;2657023]I’ve been using Win8 evaluation version for 29 days according the amount of time I have left for evaluation.

At first I had to force myself to use Win8 over Win7, but now I’ve got used to Win8 I don’t have a problem with it, in fact I like its functionality.

I don’t use Metro much (just a couple of apps) but the familiar desktop is just one click away, where I have all my apps sorted into folders for easy access from the desktop. I used this method on Win7 anyway (see pic below of my Win8 desktop).

To restart the PC is still 3 clicks, just like Win7, to shutdown the PC is one extra click over Win7, which is hardly a big task.

Under the bonnet, Win8 is faster, and I will purchase at least one copy of Win8 Professional when it becomes available.

Personally, I don’t care what anyone else thinks about Win8, only how I feel about it, as it’s me who will be using it. :slight_smile:
Everyone else can use what they want, that’s their choice.[/QUOTE]I am with you Dee I don’t care what anyone else thinks windows 8 works very well and I will buy a retail version when available.

[QUOTE=xorsists;2657094]your going to wait for windows 9 makes me laugh do you really think Microsoft is going to go backwards to a desktop only without the metro apps if they do they will be bankrupt.[/QUOTE]
Who said anything about a desktop? But yes I do think there will be a Windows 9 and it will work on Desktops, they will not vanish in 2 years, and it would take alot more than Windows 9 to bankrupt Microsoft, they have more cash on hand than most other companies will see in a lifetime.

Been using Win 8 since the first preview. Took a while to get used to it, but I like it a lot now. Yes, a different paradigm, but how many people bitched at Microsfot for not being innovative, and when they are, they say not to change. I plan to spend my $40.00 on October 26th.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2657100]Who said anything about a desktop? But yes I do think there will be a Windows 9 and it will work on Desktops, they will not vanish in 2 years, and it would take alot more than Windows 9 to bankrupt Microsoft, they have more cash on hand than most other companies will see in a lifetime.[/QUOTE]I disagree apple has more money than Microsoft and if they do not get this right…well maybe you can see the whole picture.:bigsmile:

Peace Alan1476;)

[QUOTE=blegs38552;2657101]Been using Win 8 since the first preview. Took a while to get used to it, but I like it a lot now. Yes, a different paradigm, but how many people bitched at Microsfot for not being innovative, and when they are, they say not to change. I plan to spend my $40.00 on October 26th.[/QUOTE]Don’t waste your money on an upgrade buy the retail for 70.00 so you if you have to you can transfer it to another PC/ laptop well worth the extra 30.00.:cool:

[QUOTE=xorsists;2657108]I disagree apple has more money than Microsoft and if they do not get this right…well maybe you can see the whole picture.:bigsmile:

Peace Alan1476;)[/QUOTE]

But he never said MS has more money than Apple, he said MS had more money than ‘most’ companies.
MS is far more dominant in the computer industry (about 90% share) than Apple is in the phone market (about 40% share).
I do have some Apple products but I’m sure Apple will never catch MS when it comes to computer sales.

[QUOTE=xorsists;2657108]I disagree apple has more money than Microsoft and if they do not get this right…well maybe you can see the whole picture.:bigsmile:

Peace Alan1476;)[/QUOTE]
You are right but we werent talking about Apple we we talking about Microsoft unless I missed something. Getting old isn’t fun.:sad:

[QUOTE=blegs38552;2657101]Been using Win 8 since the first preview. Took a while to get used to it, but I like it a lot now. Yes, a different paradigm, but how many people bitched at Microsfot for not being innovative, and when they are, they say not to change. I plan to spend my $40.00 on October 26th.[/QUOTE]

What is so innovative about Windows 8? I’ve installed the Consumer Preview and I found it to lack features of Windows 7 (Start menu) while giving me back only a few features I’ll probably never use and which probably are not sellings points for most people anyway.

The only ‘innovation’ I’ve seen is Metro. I understand how it works well on tablets, but I really don’t like it on my PC. If MS would allow me to just disable Metro and give me my Start Menu back, then I would be happy, but then again, then it’s like Windows 7.

The only reason why I still would want it is because I think Microsoft will push Metro and I’m curious to see what it will bring so I’d like to test some of the Metro apps whenever they come out.

For now Windows 7 seems a better choice for me, but I think I’ll upgrade if Metro matures and makes it worth it…

And else, I’ll probably be ‘forced’ when I buy a new Ultrabook :wink:

[QUOTE=blegs38552;2657101]Been using Win 8 since the first preview. Took a while to get used to it, but I like it a lot now. Yes, a different paradigm, but how many people bitched at Microsfot for not being innovative, and when they are, they say not to change. I plan to spend my $40.00 on October 26th.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but they are changing in the most bizarre way - By offering an unfinished, rushed to market product that performs terribly on desktops.

It’s interesting you say about innovation though - People bitched about this during the Vista days- that when Vista changed the desktop for the Aero interface, many commented about it’s slow and unnecessary performance hit it took on computers - many of whom didn’t abide by the then steep hardware requirements to run Vista.

If Windows Vista was a dog, Windows 7 mastered the use of Aero by not, essentially, getting in the way of what I’m doing. Vista got in the way - and slowed productivity down as a result.

What Microsoft should have done is released two versions of their operating systems that works well and integrates well with one another - rather than use the magic glove approach of working on desktops with what is a essentially a tablet OS.

im not the least bit impressed with win 8