OEM Version of Nero 8?

vbimport

Hi

I’ve noticed on ebay that there of OEM versions of Nero 8 and I wondered if anyone knew whether this was ok to buy and use. Firstly I’ve no idea what OEM stands for and secondly is it the same as the proper version of Nero 8 that you buy from the shops.

Apparently it turns out that my version of nero 8 that I’ve been using isn’t original, my computer is brand new but a friend of mine installed nero 8 on it for me.

But now whenever I come to watch a film etc. it always comes up with a message asking me to activate my version of nero or verification, sorry I’m not at my home computer at the moment. When I pressed it to do it over the internet it told me that I am using a pirated version of nero but that I could do something to upgrade to the proper version of nero. But if I don’t press that and just click close then I can carry on using nero until I go to play another file and then it comes up again, very annoying.

The main thing is though that I can’t convert / copy / burn files using nero only watch videos.

Can anyone tell me if the OEM versions of nero are any good and if they have all the same things as the proper version. They all state that they are legit except that I wouldn’t be able to get updates. Is this any good to buy or should I just buy the proper version from the shops.

I know most of you all use imageburn but I’ve always used nero and it seems to suit my few needs and very limited knowledge perfectly, when it works that is.

I’d very much appreciate any help or advice that you could give me. :slight_smile:

Hi,[quote=beachbabe;2155759]
I’ve noticed on ebay that there of OEM versions of Nero 8 and I wondered if anyone knew whether this was ok to buy and use. Firstly I’ve no idea what OEM stands for [/quote]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_equipment_manufacturer

and secondly is it the same as the proper version of Nero 8 that you buy from the shops.
No. Since Nero is a bundle of several multimedia related applications, each OEM customer can chose what option shall be part of his “personal” OEM version. Like with LEGO :slight_smile:
Just an example: I have seen the Nero 7 OEM, that came with a LG drive, and I have seen the Nero 7 OEM of a Samsung drive. The LG version basically was the whole plain burning stuff (since they also bundle Cyberlink software with their burners), whereas the Samsung version also had some multimedia and video edit modules.

Apparently it turns out that my version of nero 8 that I’ve been using isn’t original, my computer is brand new but a friend of mine installed nero 8 on it for me.
Nice friend :a
Uninstall this Nero version asap.
If you really like Nero, then watch out for bargains. Nero 8 full version should be available at reduced prices since Nero 9 is out now.
You may have a look at Amazon.co.uk and also some brick-n-mortar shops in your region.

Michael

Thanks for that Michael I will definately be looking out for the full version now and I agree ’ nice friend '.

Can I just ask you one more thing, I’ve noticed that there are different types of Nero. Can you tell me what I should look out for for the full works version?

Thanks again.

Nero typically used the terms “Ultra” or “Premium” for their full versions but they seem to have stopped that practice. The smaller and limited products often have the term “essentials” in their title. The descriptions will tell you if you are looking at the full retail version or a lesser product.

:iagree:

If you really like Nero, then watch out for bargains. Nero 8 full version should be available at reduced prices since Nero 9 is out now.

Stay away from Nero 9 as there are too many problems with the software.

Will do thanks for the advice :slight_smile: