OEM LG GSA-4163B or GDA-4163B?

vbimport

Hi,

I just bought an OEM DVD burner, LG GSA-4163B… but my Win XP detect the burner as GDA-4163B… the person who sell it to me said that GSA-4163B and GDA-4163B are both the same burner… the problem is, I cannot update the firmware (A104) for it… the firmware cannot detect it at all…

FYI, I’d bought OEM GS-4163B before (my Win XP detect it as GSA-4163B too) and had no problem updating the firmware… so does anyone know any updated firmware for GDA-4163B?? Thanks a lot…

p/s: Sorry for my bad English…

I don’t think I’ve heard of a model GDA, only GSA. You should email LG and find out.

Or try rpc1.org

Hello!

Are GDA-models avaible for PC?

My DVD-Video-Recorder JVC DR-M 10 uses a GDA 4040-drive

I have just bought a LG DVD/VCR recorder model 517. The burner is labeled as a GDA-4163B and DVDINfo Pro identifies it as such. The firmware version is T018. I am trying to get the firmware update but the GSA-4163 does not work. Drive not found. Any help available?

TKS:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=rhudman;1955924]I have just bought a LG DVD/VCR recorder model 517. The burner is labeled as a GDA-4163B and DVDINfo Pro identifies it as such. The firmware version is T018. I am trying to get the firmware update but the GSA-4163 does not work. Drive not found. Any help available?

TKS:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

It’s a great drive, and works about as well with the original firmware as with any of the updates. Updates added new media, but did not effect burn quality. In any case, you cannot “cross-flash” it. For firmware, you would need to go to LG.

Edit: I’ve never played with This tool, but it supposedly supports cross-flashing. Use at your own risk, there’s no way to recover a bad flash on LG drives, AFAIK.

[QUOTE=rhudman;1955924]I have just bought a LG DVD/VCR recorder model 517. The burner is labeled as a GDA-4163B and DVDINfo Pro identifies it as such. The firmware version is T018. I am trying to get the firmware update but the GSA-4163 does not work. Drive not found. Any help available?

TKS:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

[B]This is an OEM burner from inside a standalone![/B]
These drives have SPECIAL firmwares, get my honest advice: dont even try crossflashing. :cop:

All LG burners named GSA are retail drives, any other is OEM.

[QUOTE=Tenno;1108122]Hi,

I just bought an OEM DVD burner, LG GSA-4163B… but my Win XP detect the burner as GDA-4163B… the person who sell it to me said that GSA-4163B and GDA-4163B are both the same burner… the problem is, I cannot update the firmware (A104) for it… the firmware cannot detect it at all…

FYI, I’d bought OEM GS-4163B before (my Win XP detect it as GSA-4163B too) and had no problem updating the firmware… so does anyone know any updated firmware for GDA-4163B?? Thanks a lot…

p/s: Sorry for my bad English…[/QUOTE]

Some bigger pc manufacturers like HP have sold machines with gda models. They are basically models which LG doesn’t support directly but all updates etc are provided by the entity who originally made the drive available to consumers. Though it appears that no seller of these drives have ever provided firmware updates.