Odd results with discjuggler and safedisc 2.8

I’m testing discjuggler v. 4.01.1056 at present and I attempted to copy NFSHP2. I used FutureProof’s settings posted in this thread.

First I made an image with my Ltd-163 and was pleasantly surprised to find tat it took only 8 min 41 sec when I had been expecting it to take considerably longer. So far so good.

Then burnt the image with my Ltr-24102b using fp’s settings only I made sure that the raw write option was checked. Copy failed. :frowning:

Then tried burning it with raw write option unchecked. Copy failed but that wasn’t a surprise.

Then tried burning the dj image with alcohol since it can handle dj images and sd 2.8. Copy failed. :frowning:

Ok, at this point, I’m of the view that the image is probably bad but I decided to try a couple of other tests.

I then mounted the image on alcohol’s virtual drive and used discdump to dump an image from the mounted image and then burnt it with fireburner. Copy worked. :confused:

I then uninstalled the game, mounted the dj image on alcohol’s virtual drive and re-installed from the virtual drive. The game installed and ran perfectly so the image is good.

Net result is that I’ve got a good image but that neither dj nor alcohol (both programs that are reported to be reliable with sd 2.8; from personal experience, I know alcohol to be so) can burn it correctly.

Thoughts or ideas, anyone?

LOL. You’re supposed to KIS :wink: and look important. I’ll try Unleashed with my 40125s, hehe

Hey

I too have an Lite-on 24102b. I backed up Sims Unleashed(Sd2.8) with alcohol, clone, basically everything. The copy works in some drives, not in others.

That’s my experience… my settings… normal alcohol settings, just EMF off. It works in 3 out of my 6 drives.

The backup wont play in my burner unless Hide CDR Media in Clone is checked, however it works in my old LG 8080B burner, and 2 compaq cdrom drives. Let my know more of your experiences with this drive :wink:

My suggesion is do EVERTYHING in alcohol, the reading and the writing, with your 24102b… it’s a clever drive.

Originally posted by wonderwal

My suggesion is do EVERTYHING in alcohol, the reading and the writing, with your 24102b… it’s a clever drive.

Um…
Originally posted by philamber
I’m testing discjuggler v. 4.01.1056 at present…
…he’s officially testing, to write a Padus-requested review :wink: