I’m having odd problems with the following optical drives:
- AOpen DVD-1648/AAP (fw. 1.07 / latest)
- AOpen DVD-1648/AAP (fw. 1.02 / latest)
- BenQ DVDP-1650 (fw latest)
Starting CD DVD Speed on them will either reboot (AOPen) or application crash (BenQ) my system.
I have my system prefs set to NOT to reboot on BSDO, so rebooting is quite odd to me.
Also, when BenQ crashes CD DVD Speed, I lose all access to disk I/O. Any attempt at opening or saving a file from any application will result in a crash of that particular application too.
I can only regain the control of the system by rebooting with a cold boot (reset button).
Anybody ever experience anything similar?
I’ve already checked my:
- PSU (more than ample voltage, rails ok)
- IDE cables (tried several)
- IDE controllers (tried on board nf4 and SIL CMD0680)
- ASPI (tried Adaptec 4.6 and 4.7 series, Nero aspi, Vob/Pinnacle ASAPI and SPTI)
- various versions of cd dvd speed
- IDE / ATA drivers (original WinXP SP2 MS drivers)
- re-installling cd dvd speed
- temps (both optical drives and cpu/chipset are cool enough)
If anybody has had any similar problems and has ideas on what to look for, please post.
I’m out of ideas myself.
System is WinXP Pro SP2 with all patches, IMAPI OFF, DFI nf4, A64 2.4Ghz, plenty of RAM, no silly upper/lower filters.