Originally posted by tiger4747
[B]Just a few questions to help us figure out your problem.
First are you using the newiest version of anydvd (188.8.131.52) and clonedvd (184.108.40.206) if not please update your versions and try again.If you are then:
1) Is this happening on all dvd's or just certain titles? If so which titles?
2) How are you trying to back up your movie? Are you trying to copy the entire movie menus, and extras, ect. (using the clone DVD option) or are you trying to just copy the main movie (using the Copy DVD Titles option)?
3) And last are you saying the dvd burns all the way throught but your dvd player can't play it or is the burning process not completing? [/B]
Yes, all versions are up to date.
1) I am fairly confident its with all dvd titles. I tried with one title to back up twice on arita dvd+r with cloneDVD and it failed both times, then I tried it on datawrite dvd-r with cloneDVD and it worked. So the problem is only with certain types of media and cloneDVD. I had no problems burning it using nero recode on arita dvd+r, so its not bad media, its a combination of the program and the media tha causes it to fail.
2) Just the main movie, using the copy DVD titles option.
3) Yes it burns all the way through with no errors and then nothing can read it at all. Ive tried them in my pioneer 106 drive, my dvd reader drive and my playstation 2, and none of them can even read the disc whatsoever. No region errors or anything, just a completely unreadable disc.