Odd problem

vbimport

I have been making some back up’s of my DVD’s using AnyDVD and DVDShrink 3.2

Here is the issue. The first one I did, played in my DVD player with no problems. All the rest of the I did using the SAME software on the other hand will not play. I get a check disc error. I’m really hoping I did not waste all these blank DVD’s in turn wasting money.

Does anybody have any idea why the first one played fine, and all the rest did not?

EDIT: I also want to add that I just put the burned discs in my computer and it came up as files. I have NO idea what happend. I followed the same protocall that I used on the first movie… I must have somehow missed something or did something wrong.

This is what I do. I use DVD shrink to put it on my hard drive, then I burn it using Record Now. On the first DVD I used the Burn Data Disc function or at least I’m positive I did and it worked…Aparently for the other’s it copied the data and not the movie. I don’t know how that happened, but it did and now I’m out a whole box of DVD’s…

did you use the same kind of media, including brand? some players can make problems with different types of media - such as, play normally DVD+R, but get stuck on DVD-R, or even reject some manufacturer’s DVD+R. From what you write, that may be the problem.

@ JavaJoy01,

I don’t what your problem might be but I suggest using the AnyDVD-CloneDVD combination to make backup copies of your DVD’s. These software programs are fully supported, routinely improved and updated, and produce excellent results. DVD Shrink is “Dead” software and is not supported and hasn’t been updated in a year.

Suggest visiting SlySoft (http://www.slysoft.com) and download the latest version of AnyDVD and CloneDVD. The use of the AnyDVD-CloneDVD combination is an “all in one software” that is straightforward and is very user friendly to use. SlySoft has a “Try Before You Buy” policy and you can use this software for 21 days before you have to purchase.

Best Regards,
bjkg

WEll I have DVD+R on my computer and use the DVD+R Blanks.

I still think it’s something I did, because when I load the DVD into my computer it’s a Data disc rather then the movie. Whatever I did the first time, I failed to do the second time…I’m scared to do it agan because these discs are expensive and I don’t want to waste more :frowning:

I heard about CloneDVD. I used DVD shrink because when I researched programs that were freeware, this one was recomended by most people. I already downloaded the newest version of AnyDVD. Still trying out it before I buy it. I uninstalled DVD Shrink and will not try cloneDVD

@ JavaJoy01,

Out of curiosity why would you not want to try CloneDVD in seeing that SlySoft has a “Try Before You Buy” policy? In many circles CloneDVD is considered one of the best transcoding compression programs available.

Best Regards,
bjkg