Odd license and HD/BD behavior

vbimport

I have DVDfab platinum/mobile and just got a bluray drive. I installed the toshiba UDF 2.5 drivers in my XP system so I could see the file structure in explorer.

The latest regular release of DVDFab platinum/mobile doesn’t say anything about HD in the title bar. I have an older, permanent license.

I downloaded the beta of the hd version and installed it. I get a license expired notice when it runs. If I hit the run button anyway it opens as the HD version but won’t recognize either an HD-DVD (brand new commerical) or a BD I burned myself from my own video. Both play fine.

If I install my license into the beta HD version the “HD” in the title bar goes away and so does the nag screen.

1. How do I install the HD version with my license?
  2. What’s wrong with not recognizing the disks?

thanks much.

DVD FAB doesn’t do HD or Blu Ray disc, sorry but I think it’s being worked on

[QUOTE=bastinado;2105620]I have DVDfab platinum/mobile and just got a bluray drive. I installed the toshiba UDF 2.5 drivers in my XP system so I could see the file structure in explorer.

The latest regular release of DVDFab platinum/mobile doesn’t say anything about HD in the title bar. I have an older, permanent license.

I downloaded the beta of the hd version and installed it. I get a license expired notice when it runs. If I hit the run button anyway it opens as the HD version but won’t recognize either an HD-DVD (brand new commerical) or a BD I burned myself from my own video. Both play fine.

If I install my license into the beta HD version the “HD” in the title bar goes away and so does the nag screen.

1. How do I install the HD version with my license?
  2. What’s wrong with not recognizing the disks?

thanks much.[/QUOTE]

If you do a search you’ll find that DVDFab doesn’t support BR or HD dvd’s at this time

[quote=bastinado;2105620]
I have an older, permanent license.

[quote]
Did you get your Version5 key. Your Version 3 or 4 key will not work with Version5

Dvd-fab-hd-decrypter is the free program that will rip HD or BR discs to hard drive. There is a [B]Read First[/B] sticky above and the following link has instructions. I have never done any HD or BR DVDs, so I do not know what works or does not work. The link was posted by Alan in the sticky, so I c&p it here.

http://wesleytech.com/dvd-fab-hd-decrypter-guide/234/

[QUOTE=bigmacnc;2106208]Dvd-fab-hd-decrypter is the free program that will rip HD or BR discs to hard drive. There is a [B]Read First[/B] sticky above and the following link has instructions. I have never done any HD or BR DVDs, so I do not know what works or does not work. The link was posted by Alan in the sticky, so I c&p it here.

http://wesleytech.com/dvd-fab-hd-decrypter-guide/234/[/QUOTE]yeah it used to but with the newer protection schemes it pretty useless.