Odd blinkin @ 121032A

vbimport

hi
i checked the faq but i couldn’t quite find anything that describes this correct blinking method…

I’m not sure if its cause i’m using 48x cd’s (or cd’s that support 48x for that matter), since the latest firmware sais 40x max (i tried with 24x cd’s as well).
problem goes as follows, the drive still reads EMPTY cd’s fine, or doesnt give me any reading/input problems anyway, but after writing a cd, put it back in, it starts blinkin in orange.

as i said, i checked the blinkin led’s faq but couldn’t find anything like it.

Anyone that has any ideas?
Thanks in advance
regards

I’m not sure if its cause i’m using 48x cd’s (or cd’s that support 48x for that matter), since the latest firmware sais 40x max (i tried with 24x cd’s as well).
I don’t understand what you’re trying to say here. You have a Plextor PX-W1210TA drive? So what do you mean that ‘it’ says 40X max? Do you also have a problem when reading normal data CDs? And can you read burned CDs at all? What operating system are you using?

yeah sorry bout the confusion, kinda hard to explain.
yes, i do have a PX-W1210TA, running winxp.
running latest firmware, which should be 1.10 if i remember correctly.
The drive reads anything fine with media that supports 40x max.
But it’s kinda odd with 48x media, it burns em fine, but after the burn i put em back in & then the drive starts blinking slowly in orange.
I’ve tried 3 diffirent kinds of media so far & all the same stuff.
Since i can’t find much media around here that’s still 40x max, i can’t really try to check if it still burns ‘older media’ fine…

edit : as mentioned, this has only started to happen since the cd brand i’m using started to support 48x.

My first thought would be that the media you’re using is not suitable for lower writing speeds anymore. Some media simply works better at a higher write speed, the speed that they are certified for. I would suggest (if you can find them) to try another brand of quality media to see if that solves your problem. It doesn’t necessarily have to be low speed media, quality media will normally also work well at a low speed. Can your Plextor drive read the media at all after a while? If so then you can try scanning the disc with Nero CD Speed and see how the quality is. Please report back with your findings!

well no, the disc simply won’t work at all after it’s been burned.
Empty it works fine, though.
But as I mentioned, after burning the disc it simply won’t read it at all, just the orange led blinking slowly.
But i see what you mean with the advice, i’ll try & see if i can find some media that still supports 12x as well.
Have to admit the media i’m using is pretty cheap, not sure if you’ve heard about brands called “Silvercircle” or “New Action” (i’m in europe/belgium).

I’ll go buy some more expensive brands & see if that changes anything.
Those brands worked fine until they started to support 48x, though.