OCZ Vertex 5 SSD Series Detailed

vbimport

OCZ Vertex 5 SSD Series Detailed
OCZ is reportedly readying the 5th generation of its Vertex line of high-performance consumer SSDs. Vertex 5, as it’s being called, could retake market positioning of being the company’s flagship product, from its Vector series. The new lineup, which could consist of 128 GB, 256 GB, and 512 GB models, could be launched towards the end of May, 2013.

OCZ could use Vertex 5 to strengthen its lineup against Samsung, which appears to have captured the performance segment with its 840 and 840 Pro series, using aggressive pricing, particularly with 840 (non-Pro). Vertex 5 could be based on the same Barefoot 3 platform as Vector, with a few tweaks. It could integrate 20 nm MLC NAND flash. With the company engaged in legal tussles with some of its former investors, it could be interesting to see how the company competes with Samsung’s pricing.

Source Nordic Hardware You must press Translate page

New NAND chips with 20 nanometer technology

The important point for OCZ is that with Vertex 5 will receive one unit in their selection based on the manufacturer’s own control circuit and thus produced entirely by OCZ themselves. Which will cater for better control over production volumes and better able to meet the market demand. Nand chips will also be of newer cuts than in Vertex 4 and vector, probably made with 20 nanometer technology and of MLC-cut, but more precise information about Nand chips were not yet available. They are manufactured by a third party but the likely way, packaged and labeled in OCZ’s own factories, just as with vector.

With the new memory chips and a well-tailored software should OCZ found a level of performance between vertex 4 and Vector. It is noteworthy also that vertex 4 will continue to be sold, if it is with a lower price tag after the launch of Vertex 5 is unclear. It sounds as highly likely when the two current SSD models already are very close in price.
OCZ Vertex 5 is expected to launch at the end of his second book quarter ending last May Although prices are still not laid down, it will probably be about three different models of 128, 256, respectively. 512 gigabytes. It is unclear whether OCZ launches a 64-gigabyte model, a size that probably disappear from the market soon.

SOURCE Nordic Hardware TRANSLATE PAGE

Thanks [I]alan1476[/I] for this news and heads up.:clap:
OCZ Vertex looks promisingly. :slight_smile:

By now just all our linux users/ members have to find a online translation engine… :stuck_out_tongue:
[I can read the linked article as per your post {no probz there} because swedish is my native language, but what about all the rest of the pack?]

Thanks Alan - very interesting news

It’s amazing how OCZ relentlessly moves forwards.

Regds, JR

[QUOTE=JReynolds;2683965]Thanks Alan - very interesting news

It’s amazing how OCZ relentlessly moves forwards.

Regds, JR[/QUOTE]
Thanks JR. I thought it was a good story also.:wink:

I understand that performance is between the vertex4 and the vector … so technically it’s a step back …

They need to get SATA4 out as SATA3 is holding back progress of 2.5" SSD now. Assuming SATA4 debuts with a speed of 1200MB/s, that should give the likes of OCZ, Samsung and Corsair plenty of bandwidth to play with.

[QUOTE=FreqNasty_RiseS;2684569]They need to get SATA4 out as SATA3 is holding back progress of 2.5" SSD now. Assuming SATA4 debuts with a speed of 1200MB/s, that should give the likes of OCZ, Samsung and Corsair plenty of bandwidth to play with.[/QUOTE]
The Haswell specs are out and their is no SATA4 ports, so I would guess we will have to wait until the next Intel upgrade after Haswell.