OCZ Vector Firmware 2.0

vbimport

You can use the OCZ Toolbox

Thanks Alan

JR. do you have any idea of what the 2 Smart Values they have listed as unknown are?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi Alan,

Looks like Lifetime writes and reads (measured in Gigabytes) or perhaps the other way around. Does this sound right to you?

It looks like the Toolbox is slightly out of step with the new firmware. I hadn’t noticed - good spot.

Regds, JR

[QUOTE=JReynolds;2681648]Hi Alan,

Looks like Lifetime writes and reads (measured in Gigabytes) or perhaps the other way around. Does this sound right to you?

It looks like the Toolbox is slightly out of step with the new firmware. I hadn’t noticed - good spot.

Regds, JR[/QUOTE]
That’s exactly what it is according to RyderOCZ over at the OCZ forums.

Updated my 512GB Vector in my Macbook Pro. Gave it a month to make sure it was stable before pulling the trigger. Runs great no issues, same as before.

I understand it fixes issues that can crop up during a sudden loss of power.

Think a formal re-test review will be done?

If you have a Vector and you have tried to benchmark your SSD its become quite a complicated decision on what Intel IRST driver to use. I do not mind experimenting. These are new Intel V12.6.1033 Beta drivers and I have got a real performance boost using them. Unlike the reviewers, I use my Vector with an Operating System and much software, so here is the latest

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nice update. Did not occur to me until you mentioned that another variable in the equation was sata drivers.

[QUOTE=anthlover;2684923]Think a formal re-test review will be done?[/QUOTE]The Vector will certainly be one of the drives I retest once I upgrade the review rig to the Haswell platform.
Haswell is due in just a few days, so perhaps A month from now I’ll retest several SSDs.

[QUOTE=Dee;2689079]The Vector will certainly be one of the drives I retest once I upgrade the review rig to the Haswell platform.
Haswell is due in just a few days, so perhaps A month from now I’ll retest several SSDs.[/QUOTE]
I will looking forward to that Wendy, you know I judge the performance of all my SSDs by your reviews and the reviews that JR, does. :wink: