OCZ Agility 120GB SSD review

I just posted the article OCZ Agility 120GB SSD review.

OCZ Recently launched the Agility series of SSD. Let’s find out how these new drives perform.

Read the full article here: [http://www.cdfreaks.com/review/18164-ocz-agility-120gb-ssd-review/](http://www.cdfreaks.com/review/18164-ocz-agility-120gb-ssd-review/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Excellent review as usual Dee.

Know lets wait for the price to drop :wink:

Thanks for the Great review Dee :clap:

I like that article and the amount of tests that has been done. The presentation is also really nice and easy reading. Thanks!
The Agility SSD looks like a nice piece of kit aswell.

Are these OCZ Agility drives the same as the Supertalent 128GB-64GB SSDs?
The Supertalent “Ultradrive ME” drives are approx 10% cheaper (in Oz at least).

Also, it should be noted that the 60/64GB drives are based on the quick NAND, whereas the 30GB version is significantly slower.

The Ultradrive ME uses Indilinx Barefoot and Samsung NAND, so would be a Vertex clone.

I believe the difference in speed between 30GB/60GB and 120GB/250GB is due to the 120GB/250GB being able to use more channels on the Indilinx controller.

This week I just bought the Agility 120GB, all I can say is :bow:

These drives really don’t get enough credit, I feel like I just upgraded to a new computer, just makes everything so much faster.

I purchased a SILVERSTONE SDP08 3.5 to 2 X 2.5-Inch Bay Converter at Amazon HERE

This converted can hold 2 SSD’s and the construction is very good and it’s CHEAP!

Installing Windows 7 Ultimate x64 was fun, I made a bootable USB stick and copied my Win7 files over. From the time I clicked next on the Win 7 installation it took 10 mins and I was at the desktop installing my Antivirus :eek:

On the OZC forum there is a Setup guide for installing and turning off a few things in Windows, otherwise this is plun-in-play and enjoy.

Speeds are on spec and everything flies onto the screen, even Outlook 2007 that is usually a pig.

Though these are not cheap some will argue but this was one of the best system upgrade purchases I have ever made! Very well worth the price.

Also thanks to Wendy for guidance :flower:

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2486013]This week I just bought the Agility 120GB, all I can say is :bow:

These drives really don’t get enough credit, I feel like I just upgraded to a new computer, just makes everything so much faster.

I purchased a SILVERSTONE SDP08 3.5 to 2 X 2.5-Inch Bay Converter at Amazon HERE

This converted can hold 2 SSD’s and the construction is very good and it’s CHEAP!

Installing Windows 7 Ultimate x64 was fun, I made a bootable USB stick and copied my Win7 files over. From the time I clicked next on the Win 7 installation it took 10 mins and I was at the desktop installing my Antivirus :eek:

On the OZC forum there is a Setup guide for installing and turning off a few things in Windows, otherwise this is plun-in-play and enjoy.

Speeds are on spec and everything flies onto the screen, even Outlook 2007 that is usually a pig.

Though these are not cheap some will argue but this was one of the best system upgrade purchases I have ever made! Very well worth the price.

Also thanks to Wendy for guidance :flower:[/QUOTE]I’m glad you like it. :slight_smile:

I guess people have to get a fast SSD before they can appreciate how much faster they are, and how much speed you gain from your system. SSD are expensive, but as you have found out for yourself, very much worth the asking price for the performance boost they give.
It’s like going from an old P3 to a new core i5/i7, that’s the feeling you get from fitting an fast SSD into your existing system. Saying of course, your system can cope with the extra speed.

Things are going to get more exciting this year too, with new SATA3 and USB3 SSD, and new and more powerful SSD controllers.
Vertex 2 will be here soon, with a new SandForce SSD controller.