OC, when the SOHW-812S review?

Hi OC, as from subject, when you will make the review of the new LiteON that seems (it seems) to have a very best burning quality in comparison to the *11S?
I want to sell my 811S and buy a 812S (if is better).
Do you have novelty from LiteON for new firmwares?
Thanks.

Currently, the 811s is not outdated yet. So I recommend to sell since you still get a good price. The only thing which worries me is the lack of bitsetting on the 812s. But in my opinion, this can be solved by flashing 851s firmware on the 812s.

But I do NOT understand why they did not integrate this feature yet. Maybe Sony has some influence and did not allow it. But again what could be the reason for Sony not to support bitsetting?

I first have to get the drive :wink:

And if Lite-On is so slow at sending out review samples as they normally are you could expect the review in mid May or so…

So it mostly depends on when Lite-On sends me a drive.

Originally posted by easy-going-man
[B]Currently, the 811s is not outdated yet. So I recommend to sell since you still get a good price. The only thing which worries me is the lack of bitsetting on the 812s. But in my opinion, this can be solved by flashing 851s firmware on the 812s.

But I do NOT understand why they did not integrate this feature yet. Maybe Sony has some influence and did not allow it. But again what could be the reason for Sony not to support bitsetting? [/B]

Yes, you are right!
I don’t know if Sony has some influence…but drive is made in LiteON…so I am optimist.
Hi.

Originally posted by OC-Freak
[B]I first have to get the drive :wink:

And if Lite-On is so slow at sending out review samples as they normally are you could expect the review in mid May or so…

So it mostly depends on when Lite-On sends me a drive. [/B]

Yes, of course! :slight_smile:
So slow?!?
Half May is too late, I don’t believe I will succeed in waiting for so much, above all if my 811S don’t improve burning quality (look my post http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90090).
New firmwares? Nothing?
Hi.

Nothing yet…

Rumour: 812 fw with bitsetting will come in of the first official releases for this drive.

I’ve not heared anything about firmwares for older Lite-On DVD-Writers.

Just look at my LDW-811S review posted not long ago…that drive have been available since November. If they’re THAT slow this time as well - then may is most realistic time.

I could promise one thing: There will be no LDW-812S review from me this month.