OC-Freak, what's the best G04 burner?

vbimport

Greets.

I’m considering getting another burner. my 811 does datasafe +Rs pretty well, but I don’t like the nero speed graphs I get from the datasafe -rs it burns.
I’ll most likely be ordering my media online and so I don’t know if I’ll be able to specify L19 discs, so the question is:

which drive do u recommend that has the least hiccoughs with ritek g04 and at the same time gives really clean kprobes and high compatibility?

Thanks

That’s hard to answer :wink: Most drives have no problems with ritekG04 for me. (btw all 4x DVD-R ritekG04 should be L19).

I’ve got best results with my NEC ND-2500A - but reading others results there is quite some problems with this drive & ritekG04 discs.

You may consider the Pioneer DVR-107D.

But after all I’ve not had any problems with my Lite-On and G04 discs.

definately Pioneer 107
not that expensive but great quality

How quickly they forget the lowly and lonesome Pioneer 106D. Still the most reliable drive, and it loves G04. :wink:

Thanks for the replies guys.

OC, with regards to the lite on and the G04… when restoring data from disc to my hard drive, I get drive slowdowns lots of times and nero speed graphs that leave some to be desired. U say the 2500 has the best quality, but users seem to be experiencing lots of problems.
So that leaves the 106 and 107. Considering that pioneer invented the standard, is it fair to say that all datasafes will burn almost perfect and have great compatibility? Also, is i likely that the 107s can get as good a reputation as the 106 with firmware updates?

I’m asking all this because ritek is the most widely available GOOD -r media around where I am. I am developing a renewed interest in -r because of the recent price crashes.

Originally posted by booma
[B]Thanks for the replies guys.

OC, with regards to the lite on and the G04… when restoring data from disc to my hard drive, I get drive slowdowns lots of times and nero speed graphs that leave some to be desired. U say the 2500 has the best quality, but users seem to be experiencing lots of problems.
So that leaves the 106 and 107. Considering that pioneer invented the standard, is it fair to say that all datasafes will burn almost perfect and have great compatibility? Also, is i likely that the 107s can get as good a reputation as the 106 with firmware updates?

I’m asking all this because ritek is the most widely available GOOD -r media around where I am. I am developing a renewed interest in -r because of the recent price crashes. [/B]

It will burn almost perfect and have great compatibility. Some ppl have a problem with 107 though because 107 doesnt match with some systems which doesn’t happen a lot but it is happening to some ppl as i said.
Make sure u buy 107 from a store that u can return your 107 because it might happen to your system too
who knows

Thanks for that suhksb. Hunting season’ll soon be open:bigsmile: