OC-Freak is AWAY! Updated 25.04.2002!

vbimport

Update: I won't be back before 2nd May 2002!!! Some "personal" issues came up. :eek::o

Which means I will not be able to check the forums as often as I'm doing now. I will answer your questions, but you may have to wait a day or two...maybe three.

So for now, be kind and don't start any fights without me :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you get permission from DoMiN8ToR to go on a holiday ??? :wink: :wink:
Hehe enjoy your vacation!

Finally!!
Just joking mate, have a good holiday! :slight_smile:

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
Did you get permission from DoMiN8ToR to go on a holiday ??? :wink: :wink:
Hehe enjoy your vacation!

He has not requested so in triplicate with me…, so the question is, do you deserve this vacation? :wink:

Enjoy, wish I had a holiday…but promised myself, no holidays until I am graduated…so it could be a few more years :wink:

We’ll miss our daily dose of your insights, OC-Freak, so have a good time and… Don’t you even think about CD burning for the duration!!! :wink:

I can’t stop thinking about burning stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

And one more thing: I’m not able to check my mail at all during this period.

other than divx movies…

wat are u guys burning so often??

for me… after a while…the novelty is dying down…:stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t burn much myself but I do use my burner mostly for data backup an have done so for about 5 years, because I simply cannot afford to lose my documents (I have reduced my printing costs and my storage requirements substantially since I’ve been producing most of my work in PDF format and hardly ever print my documents anymore). Since my documents have to be available for an indefinite amount of time for legal reasons, I have been using Kodak CD-Rs for years and almost exclusively for my compilations (my daily backups are on CD-RW).

For my daily backups I use Veritas Backup Exec (with DirectCD now that I have the Lite-ON 40125S) and Ghost images for when I want to save the contents of the har drive before doing a major upgrade that can corrupt my settings, then Nero for data and audio compilations and finally CloneCD, mainly to backup games for the PC and my kid’s playstation; these I copy onto cheaper disks because they really get roughed up, but I do at least one good archival copy that I never use just in case the original develops an error (happens).

Occasionally, when I have access to high-speed internet, I download and burn some MP3s at my buddy’s place (using a Plexy 1210A). The MP3s I look for are songs I already have on LP, because that beats trying to get a clean result from old scratched LPs. These I collect and eventually transfer to Audio CD to play in my home stereo system.

DivX is something I’m looking into at this time. Right now my setup is too buggy for reliable playing, can only play what’s on the hard drive (trying to run from CD I get illegal op errors in Kernell32.dll) - probably should be formatting and reinstalling everything from scratch, haven’t done so in years :o )

Does that answer your question? :wink:

wow…:smiley:

for me… I’ve more than enuff hhd space…so i guess most of my stuff are on the hhd… like ghost images etc…but divx movies are taking up waaayyyy too much space.

my record download was 13 movies in 1 day :slight_smile:

With the Lite-ON 40125S, assuming one CD per DivX5 Pro movie you should be able to burn your 13 movies in about… I’d say less than 2 hours including prep time :smiley:

No wonder you’re looking for something to do with your burner :wink:

It takes around three minutes each for my dvd-rips.(4012S5)

• The only thing that takes two hours is the labeling of them when there done.:slight_smile:

12 more days to go :frowning:

You should come back now !

Originally posted by 83bj60
[B]With the Lite-ON 40125S, assuming one CD per DivX5 Pro movie you should be able to burn your 13 movies in about… I’d say less than 2 hours including prep time :smiley:

No wonder you’re looking for something to do with your burner :wink: [/B]

:smiley:

where did OC go on holiday? beach resort?

I’m home with my parents on the farm and working my ass off.

That’s what I’m doing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t have much time for internet and I’m only on a damn slow 28K connection.

28K connection? oh ma gawd!! :eek:

after being on broadband… dun think I’ll ever go back to the days of the modem :smiley:

still 5 days :frowning: