Oc dvd-drives

vbimport

hi freaks, is ist possible to oc a dvd-rom? i wanted to try, but i don't have a bin of new firmware, and litefirm, i think, is only for writer fws. Does somebody tried this?

Originally posted by CCK
hi freaks, is ist possible to oc a dvd-rom? i wanted to try, but i don’t have a bin of new firmware, and litefirm, i think, is only for writer fws. Does somebody tried this?
I have tried to oc the SD612F (12x) samsung dvd drive to 616F (16x) a year ago. It didn’t work out (the bin file i used was not an official release) so ended up with a ruined drive. I finally flashed it back to its original firmware a couple of months ago with the help of OCFreak :bigsmile:

If you ask me, i don’t think it’s worth the try. I now own both the 612 and 616 models and cannot see any noticeable difference in perfomance between the 2 drives.

hmmm

what about ocing a LITEON dvdrom 163 D 2 a LITEON 165

i think tthis could be possible !! but come to thin k of it who whould want to hehe after all your only changeing the media and not the speed :slight_smile:

I thought the 163D and 165 are both rated @16x DVD and 48x CD. In which case, there is no overclocking involved.

your only changeing the media and not the speed

I think the 165 comes region-free out of the box. Not sure though.
However, there are enough applications around that allow users to have “region-free” drives.

Originally posted by burnproof

However, there are enough applications around that allow users to have “region-free” drives. [/B]

Yeah mate

i have the region free patch for my 163 D it works great :slight_smile:

only problem i have though is winblowz lol still reports it has region protection in it in the device manageer !!

i see 2 changes left lol

i was told by someone ages ago that that dont mean shit :stuck_out_tongue:

What patch did you use?
Is the R1211 safe to do?
Do I need to use MTKFLASH to backup the firmware first?
Thanks.

If mtkflash works on your drive, it’s always advisable to take a backup of current firmware. The region free firmware / patch is safe to use.

Thanks.
BTW, I did a hard drive MTKFLASH backup and it was so fast. I just saw one pass of the %.

I got 128KB. Is this correct? I have Liteon LTD163D.

128k seems right as this drive have a 128k flash-rom only.

I have the LTD-165, and it was using region code 4 with 2 changes left, I got a region free firmware CH06 from http://www.firmware.fr.st/

Originally posted by fackor
I have the LTD-165, and it was using region code 4 with 2 changes left, I got a region free firmware CH06 from http://www.firmware.fr.st/

Originally posted by OC-Freak (in another thread)
[B]The LTD-165H supports reading more DVD formats(than the LTD-163D) and is a bit faster in CloneCD. But can’t be made regionfree as easy as the LTD-163.

fackor:
Is your LTD-165 now region free?
Did the “region free firmware update” actually work?

I’m trying to decide between these 2 drives.

Thanks

peleton

Don’t post links to patched firmwares please…not allowed.

For the LTD-163(D) there is a utility to switch off the region protection…

oops, sorry, I didn’t mean to do that.

…but as to the “zone-free” thingy fackor mentioned, what is the REAL story?

Does it work?

thanks

peleton