Obvious.sys

I have this problem when I try to install Daemon Tools & Alcohol 120%, the Add Hardware Wizard said that I need a file called OBVIOUS.SYS but problem is I can’t find this OBVIOUS.SYS anywhere…

That is not part of either DTools or Alcohol. I can’t seem to find any reference to it on Google, either. Something is obviously (no pun intended) goofed up with your Windows install. My suggestion would be a format/reload of Windows, but it’s your call.

I’ve successfully installed Alcohol 120%, it turns out that obvious.sys is a driver from H+H Virtual CD, so I downloaded the driver from their website and it works. But the weird thing is why DT/Alcohol ask a driver from H+H Virtual CD?

Weird… Almost seems like another virtual drive program got installed. Did you have another program installed that you removed? Maybe it did not get completely uninstalled…

That seems to be the cause. I installed Virtual CD 6 a long time ago before I decided to use Alcohol instead, so maybe there’s something wrong with my uninstallation back then…