Observations on the latest round of copy protections

My personal observations. Your comments welcome.

(Edited, to remove my foot from my mouth)

Safedisc 3.15 - still copyable with the right hardware and software (Liteon, ASUS, DiscJuggler) CloneCD Hide CDR “bypassed” VSO autoplay “bypassed”. So far my copies only work on a Liteon 166S DVD-ROM

Securom NEW NEW NEW 4.85 - 5.0 - Still copyable with CCD and Twinpeaks, not sure about BW 5.0 and Alcohol

Tages - becoming more prevalent (slowly) Still uncopyable

Starforce 3 - also becoming more prevalent but also slowly. Uncopyable.

SmarteSecure - A joke!!

Originally posted by Jackass
[B]My personal observations. Your comments welcome.

(Edited, to remove my foot from my mouth)

Safedisc 3.15 - still copyable with the right hardware and software (Liteon, ASUS, DiscJuggler) CloneCD Hide CDR “bypassed” VSO autoplay “bypassed”. So far my copies only work on a Liteon 166S DVD-ROM

Securom NEW NEW NEW 4.85 - 5.0 - Still copyable with CCD and Twinpeaks, not sure about BW 5.0 and Alcohol

Tages - becoming more prevalent (slowly) Still uncopyable

Starforce 3 - also becoming more prevalent but also slowly. Uncopyable.

SmarteSecure - A joke!! [/B]

This look likes a joke man!!! . We can not get a good 1:1 copy of our games for all hipothetical devices. Moreover here in Europe we are paying a damned cannon for buying cd/dvd media in change that PC games/Audio/Films companies would not protect the CDs and DVDs to make an own backup, but this part of the contract has been broken.
With te coming of Tages and starforce 3 here, the things are bad and look like these protections are not cheap for distributors, which put a higher price.

Here the PC-games, in general, are between 40 and 50€ and the result I look here is that people prefer to buy console games (in relative therms cheaper than pc-games) and only certain pc-games (with a price about 35-40€ maximum), using for the rest of games at 50€-60€ (some of them) software P2P to download it and play.

I am not in favour of piracy, but these things that are happening here should be considered by game industry

I read a posting on this forum, and it went something like this:

“Get used to emulation, it’s the way of the future. There is no RAW writing to DVD’s. When games come out on DVDs we will have to use emulation” – Futureproof