O/c graph card

vbimport

just wondering:)

btw, does

vga card = graphics card = display adapter?

WTF?

huh? o/c graphic card…what the hell is that???

My Nvidia based GeForce 2MX400 can be overclocked whenever i want to. So far ,it’s overclocked just a little.

Ahh o/c means overclock:D

ahh; sorry, in the liteon forum we use the o/c notation a lot :wink:

I have an Asus geforce4 TI 4400 that runs at 290/602mhz.
standard setting were:275/550

how overclockable is a Sparkle GeForce 3 ti200 (128 ddr+tvout)

Its largely down to luck and good cooling, some cores just go faster than others, its not brand specific normally. Although some card designs have better signal quality (i.e less interference) than others like 6 layer PCB over 4, but when your buying a card built to the reference design this doesn’t really happen. As far as the memory goes, again is there fast memory on there, have they put say 3.6ns memory on there when they only needed to use 3.8ns, because this gives you head room to overclock the memory, while it is still in its intended frequency range. Other than that again its just really down to luck as to weather you have “good” memory or not.

For the time being, only my Voodoo 3-2000 is OC’ed to a Voodoo 3-3000+.

When I got some free time again, I’m about to OC both my Geforce cards (GF2 and GF4…)!

For those who got experience overclocking GF’s: please post :wink:

Ok. With nvidia cards it’s really easy. Go to http://www.x-bios.3dgames.ru and download the Ray adams bios editor. Check the download section for an updated videocard bios, you can check your current version in the nvidia control panel. Install BIOS editor and say open from file (if you downloaded a new BIOS) or open from memory (if you just want to change your current one). Make the changes in clock speeds, change the fastwrites and side band addressing if you want, and then save to file. Go back to the site and get nvflash (a 4.xx version) and the dos4g thing and put the contents of those plus the bios file on a bootable floppy disk. Boot to it and type nvflash bios.rom /u /p (or whatever the bios file is called) If you want to test how far you can push it there are numerous overclocking utilities out there…nvmax, rivatuner, etc www.guru3d.com. But once you know what speed you want, the BIOS flash is better. Can’t be mucked up by Windows or other software, and it works on all operating systems, Windows or other.

The first time you boot into windows you should be stuck at 640x480x16. don’t worry about it. just reboot and it goes back to normal.

It’s just as easy for ATI cards. My favorite tweaker for ATI cards is Rage3d Tweak:

You can update the bios of some ATI cards too with radedit
I can get my Radeon 8500DV up pretty high, but I never found it necessary to keep it overclocked. I voted no because mine isn’t currently overclocked.