Nwn & Warcraft 111

vbimport

I HOPE YOU CAN READ THIS BEFORE THEY REMOVE IT LIKE THEY DID TODAY POSTING ON NOW TO BURN A PERFECT COPY OF NWN AND WARCRAFT 111 - SIMPLY USE THE LATEST VERSION OF "FANTOM CD" MY BURNER IS A LITE-ON 40125S

FANTOM CD HAS A SETTING FOR THE SECUROM "NEW" AND IT WILL BURN YOU A PERFECT COPY AND IS THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN DO SO TODAY.

is that true? then can you tell me where can i find fantom cd? or can you send me ?thank you very much!!

johnsun, shouting really isn’t necessary :cop: and other posts on the topic indicate that your writer can copy both these games with clonecd using a custom securerom profile anyway.

Holy crap this “newer” version of Securom new seems to have people freaked out…

it appears that using certain liteon cdrws to read the image will provide a “bad” backup…maybe this can be fixed in clonecd 4 update maybe not…

Bottom line appears to be :

read: from a good reader like LTD163 or thers then burn with the liteon cdrw

read:
subchannel data on …audio is ok from most reports…nothing else checked…

no regenerate data, no FES etc

write:
close last session only…

Johnsun is right, only FantomCD can do such Copy. This was the only program which worked for me with “Securom new” copy protection and my new LiteOn 48125W (original). I took my Pioneer DVD 106S as the reader !

Johnsun is right, only FantomCD can do such Copy.

CloneCD will copy Warcraft 3 no worries.

The only problem seem to be with some readers/burners having trouble reading it.

I’ve got a Asus 4012a,backed up Warcraft 3 first go using it as reader/burner,read subs(data/audio) and burnt it off.Can’t understand why it’s causing so much greef,it’s not that hard.

I agree both warcraft 3 and nwn were both easy if you use latest ver. clone cd 4.0.1.9 using latest securom profile with hide cdrw enabled when you run these games .
no probs ? whats all the fuss about? I have a liteon 24103s .
easy copies I think a lot of the problems are being caused by people using the standard game profile in clone cd not the dedicated securom settings!!

Dont want to add to the confusion but my LiteOn 40125S did a perfect backup of disc3 NWN using CloneCd 4.6 using the default securom setting.

The securom used in the game isnt really new - it is modified from the original. It isnt to hard to copy but again you need the right cd burner.

Before I used Fantom CD I tried the lastest CCD with all the ticks and settings and it did burn a copy that worked BUT it crashed when playing multiplayer mode where the actual game copy didn’t … so I tried burning more with same results UNTIL I used Fantom CD with the correct setting and never had the crash again with that copy.

Originally posted by logicwatch
I agree both warcraft 3 and nwn were both easy if you use latest ver. clone cd 4.0.1.9 using latest securom profile with hide cdrw enabled when you run these games .
no probs ? whats all the fuss about? I have a liteon 24103s .
easy copies I think a lot of the problems are being caused by people using the standard game profile in clone cd not the dedicated securom settings!!

Where do I get the latest Securom profile?

Originally posted by dakman2000

Where do I get the latest Securom profile?

From the profiles sticky on this forum.:wink:

As for these games causing everyone grief, the reasons are twofold.

1. These games can’t be copied using clonecd with a Lite-on cdrw as both reader and writer using the default game cd profiles (unlike all previous securerom new protected games), though the default game cd profiles do work if a Lite-on Ltd- 163, 163D or 165 is used as the reader.

2. These games, or at least WCIII, cannot be copied using clonecd with the Ltr-24102B as both reader and writer at all (again unlike all previous securerom new protected games).

Got em! Thanks! I guess it helps to look!!

:bow:

I think some people have just been a little unlucky as posted by the mods above it is a bit picky about the reader/writer combo fortunately I have an old Toshiba DVD 1402 and a Liteon 24x and as posted by the mods in the how to copy NWN post I burnt it default game profile on the fly with the latest clone without a single hickup. It appears that some of the liteon drives are having dramas as a reader but are all on the money as a writer. It is funny because like many people I thought it was pretty easy as I did nothing out of the ordinary at all just used default and it worked like a charm, however obviously it is a little tricker then that I just got lucky. If Phantom CD is buring it 100% maybe it has something to do with the read settings in CCD for liteons, perhaps Ollie can do some tweaking and make everything better :slight_smile: GO OLLIE

Originally posted by johnsun
[B]I HOPE YOU CAN READ THIS BEFORE THEY REMOVE IT LIKE THEY DID TODAY POSTING ON NOW TO BURN A PERFECT COPY OF NWN AND WARCRAFT 111 - SIMPLY USE THE LATEST VERSION OF “FANTOM CD” MY BURNER IS A LITE-ON 40125S

FANTOM CD HAS A SETTING FOR THE SECUROM “NEW” AND IT WILL BURN YOU A PERFECT COPY AND IS THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN DO SO TODAY. [/B]
No-one removed your post, it was moved into another thread. When there are more than three or four threads on a problematic game or burner, it gets confusing; often, one thread goes off on a tangent and ignores the advice in the others. Not saying that happened here, OK?

We’re not sensitive about other burning apps mentioned in this Forum and now there is a burning app forum where you can gleefully post your experiences.

Point is, that there are more than a few Liteys that can read & write WCIII & NWN using a custom profile. Some can even do it using the default profiles :slight_smile: Most, however, can’t do it on their own. But, the Liteys will write a backup using an image read by another brand :slight_smile: This is not unusual and occurs every six months or so. In the third/fourth quarter last year, using the latest versions of CloneCD, the Liteon 163D DVD-ROM was required to defeat a few game titles. Technology has moved on and the 163 issue was forgotten.[ul][]My 24102B will not do it by itself and requires a read by the 163D or my Toshi DVD-ROM.[]My 32123S is away at the moment, hopefully, I get it back today & test tonight.[]My 40125S will do it on it’s own using data subs only on the read & nothing on the write[]My ASUS 16x, 40x & 48x will do it using default profiles[]Yet to test my Ricoh 7163A & Acer 1610A[]All this info is elaborated in the other WCIII & NWN threads ;)[]I have registered versions of just about every burning app and will test the 24102B, by itself, with each capable app to see what happens[]Welcome to the world of protection improvement ;)[/ul]

Originally posted by Vladi68
Johnsun is right, only FantomCD can do such Copy.
Bzzzzttttttt! Wrong. See my post above :wink:

With my hardware configuration, Pioneer 106S and LiteOn48125W, I can not copy with CloneCD 4.0.1.9 with securom profile from this forum nor with ClonyXXL profile. The copy doesn´t work !!! I tried again and again. I took both drives as the reader and I used the game profile, too…

With FantomCD there was no problem…please please believe me!!

Originally posted by Vladi68

With FantomCD there was no problem…please please believe me!!

Struth, I believe you; just not the statement you made about Fantom being the only one…

It could be only an isolated case but my plex 24x do not writes the new securom protection at all.I tried cloneCD4019 but always result in a bad image reading with my plexy.I tried blindsuite too and nothing…i tried fantomCD and a working image appeared. In the other way these image could not be recorded correctly nor fantomcd or cloneCD and the result CD was wrong…it don’t work but with d tools it does…Any suggestion?

TIP: The game is the spanish version of etherlords ( older versions of securom “new” works without problems but these doesn’t)

thanks

I have 3 machines, and have had the following results:

#1 LTD 165H DVD(CH0H), LTR 48125W (oc 32125W with VS06), all combinations of read using clonecd or fantom cd, give a good copy of NWN and WCIII

#2 Sony DDU1621 (DVD), LTR 40125S (ZS0J) - read and write with 40125S gives a good copy (clonecd and fantomcd)

#3 Pioneer DVD116, liteon 32123S (xsox) read and write with liteon gives good copy of NWN and WCIII with either clonecd or fantomcd, but Pioneer drive won’t run either !!!

The Pioneer drive doesn’t like Securom *new copies.

BTW, the Liteon LTD 165H is absolutely sensational, can read SD2.51 disk in under 3 minutes!!!