nVidia System Utility ; Overclock your nForce chipset

Get it here.

NVIDIA® System Utility is the ultimate utility for accessing, monitoring, and adjusting your system components, including temperature and voltages with clear, user-friendly control panels. Overclock your system for highest performance or underclock it for near silent operation. All changes are performed within the Microsoft® Windows® interface – enabling full functionality without the need to make changes in the BIOS and reboot your system.

This is the initial release of the NVIDIA System Utility.
Supported products:
NVIDIA nForceâ„¢2 Ultra 400
NVIDIA nForce2 400
NVIDIA nForce3 Pro 150
NVIDIA nForce3 150
Supported operating systems for this release:
Windows XP
Windows 2000
Windows ME
Windows 98SE
Best when run at 1024x768 16-bit color

Too bad, it only fully supports these boards:

NVIDIA nForce2:
ASUS A7N8X-E
Biostar M7NCG
Epox EP-8RDA+
Epox EP-8RDA3+
ABIT NF7-S

NVIDIA nForce 3:
Gigabyte K8NNXP
Shuttle AN5

But I’m gonna try it anyway :slight_smile:

even if u own one of the “supported boards,” the advanced features don’t work for most (if not all) of the boards cuz the utility needs to be supported by new bios updates. i have the 8RDA+ and only have access to the basic options so far, which are: 1) FSB, 2) AGP bus speed, and 3) memory timings.

Hi, if you are interested in nForce drivers for Windows 2000 and XP, yesterday NVidia released version 3.13 of the unified driver.
After the big mess of versions 2.41 and 2.42, where the accelerated IDE driver caused lot of problems and was subsequently removed in version 2.45, now a new accelerated IDE driver is present:

Release Notes

* WHQL certified kit for nForce, nForce2, and nForce3
* First release of NVIDIA IDE driver for Windows XP and Windows 2000
* General compatibility fixes
* Audio Improvements:

(…)

You can download it here:

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/nForce/3.13/nForce_3.13_WinXP2K_WHQL_english.exe

CAUTION: I haven’t tried the drivers yet… If you want to do so, I strongly suggest to make a backup of your system using a low-level backup
utility like Symantec Ghost… If something goes wrong, maybe you won’t be able to step back to the
previous version of the drives.

just as an FYI, this thread is about nvidia’s System Utility, not about the unified drivers.

Originally posted by AZImmortal
just as an FYI, this thread is about nvidia’s System Utility, not about the unified drivers.

You are right, in fact I subsequently started a new thread… but maybe it could be useful to know it even for someone reading this thread.

ET