Nvidia slams Intel on new Web site

vbimport

Nvidia slams Intel on new Web site.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2010/03/npRC0O.jpg[/newsimage]Nvidia has declared a public relations war against Intel, launching a Web site that accuses the chip maker of stifling innovation.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/nvidia-slams-intel-on-new-web-site-27148/](http://www.myce.com/news/nvidia-slams-intel-on-new-web-site-27148/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I wouldn’t put it past them to stifle other competitors. Intel wants to claim the free market mantra but only when it suits them. Hey Intel there is such a thing called fair competition and free market unless you haven’t read it.

If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, swims like a duck…

[QUOTE=LoboBrother;2501131]If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, swims like a duck…[/QUOTE]
it might be a witch …
Burn them!

Considering that Nvidia has tried to put ATi out of business for years, I’d say they’re just sore about being on the receiving end now from Intel. I just want competition. Competition is good for the consumer no matter how you look at it. If AMD/ATi were to fail then all CPUs would be Intel and all GPUs would be Nvidia. That would be a bleak world and gamers would suffer dearly with sky-high prices.

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2501500]Considering that Nvidia has tried to put ATi out of business for years, I’d say they’re just sore about being on the receiving end now from Intel. I just want competition…[/QUOTE]

Actually that is what is called competition. You just answered your own question. But Intels’ business ethnic is what is called into question not competition but stifling competition by threatening pc makers to keep competitors out isn’t innovations.

Seems like a valid case … but I can’t help but notice most computer shops here do the same … newegg does it too …
Buy this with this as a bundle, get 10% off, or whatever.
Some people jump on it. OEM’s will sure as hell jump on it.

But it goes further. Intel developed new CPU’s and is refusing nvidia licensing to connect their chipsets to the CPU (other than PCIE-E). Means nvidia can’t make a chipset (for motheroard) for intels new CPU’s.

Nvidia should respond by making better chipsets for other manufacturers CPU’s, and stop making good video cards for intel combinations, except that then they’d lose a lucrative market, right?

Intel is acting like an ass-bucket atm. Nvidia is in the right, at least from what’s shown on nvidia’s FAQ … and nvidia wouldn’t lie to us, would they?

I’m curious what AMD’s take on all this is. I bet it’s ROTFLMAO :iagree:

All the “Big Boys” do it, bundle things to get more sales among other things that make good business sense. The question is, did they break the law.

How about asking if Nvidia pressures game developers to jack up game requirements to force gamers to constantly upgrade?

It’s a big game, but the ultimate punishment is when you piss off your loyal customers and see your market share drop 50%. Who wouldn’t want to see the board meeting after that one… Fines are noting compared to profits, lost profits are a problem.

That’s funny! Nvidia crying about stifling innovation. Didn’t Nvidia buy 3DFX, and what did they do with that technology exactly? Didn’t Nvidia buy PhysX? And what are they doing with that technology, too? I can’t wait too see the first ever Nvidia GPU with an ATI chipset, that will be the coolest, hahaha