Nvidia releases DVD Decoder software for Windows XP

I just posted the article Nvidia releases DVD Decoder software for Windows XP.

For all of us that are interested in watching DVD or TV  on a computer,  NVIDIA released a new software called NVIDIA DVD Decoder.  It works on computers that...
Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9310-Nvidia-releases-DVD-Decoder-software-for-Windows-XP.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9310-Nvidia-releases-DVD-Decoder-software-for-Windows-XP.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

“High quality MPEG-2 decoder supports any third party software application based upon Microsoft DirectShow®” This does not just mean WMP, but a lot of programs (such as VideoLAN) use DirectShow as well. I think the marketing people just got it into their heads that a program will be more attractive if you include Microsoft as many times as possible.

hey … remember that there is just 3% nerds on the net … the last 97% is STUPID and have never heard of VLC and other good players … they think that they must buy everything, and where ever you go in the shops they say You’ll need this and that’t and it’s cool if have this to … SELL SELL , BUY BUY … Man I hate M$ … and the worst is that 97% of the people belive in this S**t and buys the stuff … I love stuff like VLC … it does everything better the the others fastes seeking I ever seen i a player. But do not think that M$ gives VLC a 'Designed for Media Center Edition" certification.

Those bloody arse bandits ! It’s enough that they charge a huge price for their gfx card they could have offered this FREE as opposed to this ridiculous $20 US price - I’ll pass :slight_smile:

“Those bloody arse bandits ! It’s enough that they charge a huge price for their gfx card they could have offered this FREE as opposed to this ridiculous” Don’t get your nickers in a twist. It’s been free for a day or so. If ya know what I mean. :B

What is this, a new version of NVDVD? They’ve been trying to sell that software for years. I don’t think anyone actually bought it.

It’s not NDVD, it’s just a MPEG2 codec with a few whistles on top (such as tv recording), all the interface stuff has to be done by another program. The (alledged) ho-har about this is that it will use your GeForce graphics chip to do all the donkey work and leave your processor to…erm…update the system clock :wink: It can’t really be free anyway as all MPEG2 related software has to pay royalties for every copy it sells/downloads, so it would be losing money every time someone gets the program from it’s site.

There are plenty free mpeg2 codecs and players out there. No need for this one