Nvidia GTS 650 rumours show up

vbimport

Let’s hope it comes at a good price :wink:

According to rumours over at It168.com, it appears that Nvidia might use the 650 name for GDDR5 version of the GT 640. Based on the same 28nm GK107 Kepler GPU, it will feature 384 CUDA cores but have higher clocks when compared to the GT 640.

AMD just lowered their prices on their HD Radeon 7800 series GPUs and people are enjoying 2gb GPUs in crossfire for less than a single Nvidia high end card. Dont get me wrong here, I am an avid Nvidia buyer and still think their graphics are a tad better than AMD but with such a drastic price difference I just might change my mind.

I’ve used both Nvidia and Radeon cards at different stages over the years but the last couple have been Radeon cards and personally speaking I’ve never had any problems with them.

The last two have been Radeon cards as at the time they were better value for money on a ‘bang per buck’ basis IMO.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2645044]I’ve used both Nvidia and Radeon cards at different stages over the years but the last couple have been Radeon cards and personally speaking I’ve never had any problems with them.

The last two have been Radeon cards as at the time they were better value for money on a ‘bang per buck’ basis IMO.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

The only reason I prefer Nvidia cards to ATi/AMD cards these days is most AMD/ATi cards don’t have two Dual-Link DVI’s. If most high-resolution monitors had HDMI and DP ports, things would have been far simpler in choosing the correct graphic card, but most of the cheapest 25601600 and 25601440 monitors have only one Dual-Link DVI connector.

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2645220]The only reason I prefer Nvidia cards to ATi/AMD cards these days is most AMD/ATi cards don’t have two Dual-Link DVI’s. If most high-resolution monitors had HDMI and DP ports, things would have been far simpler in choosing the correct graphic card, but most of the cheapest 25601600 and 25601440 monitors have only one Dual-Link DVI connector.[/QUOTE]

That’s a very good point.

I just have one monitor so that doesn’t really come into it for me, but for others this could indeed be very important. :iagree:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2645220] If most high-resolution monitors had HDMI and DP ports, things would have been far simpler in choosing the correct graphic card, but most of the cheapest 25601600 and 25601440 monitors have only one Dual-Link DVI connector.[/QUOTE]
HDMI is useless for hiRes monitors, since it only supports Full-HD (1920x1080). DP and Dual-Link DVI is absolutely in order for such displays.

[QUOTE=Evil Seo Spammer;2645271]HDMI is useless for hiRes monitors, since it only supports Full-HD (1920x1080). DP and Dual-Link DVI is absolutely in order for such displays.[/QUOTE]
I suggest that you recheck your facts!

I have been waiting for a GT640 DDR5 card to show up. Hopefully these new parts arrive sooner rather than later. I need the faster video decoding that the Kepler cores provide, but I didn’t want to sacrifice performance with the DDR3 GT640 cards as my current card has higher bandwidth than they do.

[QUOTE=Evil Seo Spammer;2645271]HDMI is useless for hiRes monitors, since it only supports Full-HD (1920x1080). DP and Dual-Link DVI is absolutely in order for such displays.[/QUOTE]

They are still competing. HDMI 1.4 supports higher resolutions.

HDMI and DP on most recently released graphic cards support 2560*1440 resolution very well.