Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 Upgrade

vbimport

I need to upgrade my graphics card to one that will work on my old system and the QT versions without using the fabplay fix. I am not into BR or a gammer and need a step up from the FX5200 to a medium card without a fan

My System is (old) and complete upgrade is out of the question at this time

XP-SP3
ASUS MB P4P 800 Deluxe
P4 2.80 GHz
2.81 GHz 1.00 GB Ram
PSU 350 Watts

So if anybody has an old system and it works with the QT versions what graphics card do you use or can anybody recommend one
Thanks in advance
JIm

Hey Jimbo

Not positive but I believe a GE 6200 will do the trick w/520mb

Thanks Eugene I will look for one

Eugen where did you see that one at? this is one I found http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130654 will it work?

Same one I looked at Jimbo

DDR2 AGP 8X Video Card

I think that’s about the most your old board will handle.
If that doesn’t work I do not believe there is anything better that will work in your OLD system

[QUOTE=bean55;2598805]Same one I looked at Jimbo

DDR2 AGP 8X Video Card

I think that’s about the most your old board will handle.
If that doesn’t work I do not believe there is anything better that will work in your OLD system[/QUOTE] ok thanks Eugene

Jimbo have you tried the nvidia forceware 93.71 drivers? they seem to work well with the card and 856pe north-bridge in your rig, the newer ones do not. You will have to force install them.

[QUOTE=~Jethro~;2598810]Jimbo have you tried the nvidia forceware 93.71 drivers? they seem to work well with the card and 856pe north-bridge in your rig, the newer ones do not. You will have to force install them.[/QUOTE] :disagree: No I haven’t and I just ordered a new card but thanks anyway :bow::bow::bow:

If the new card won’t do the trick then I will put the old one back in and try that

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2598812]I just ordered a new card but thanks anyway[/QUOTE]

Best of luck with that and let us know how you get on.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2598836]Best of luck with that and let us know how you get on.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE] :iagree:K will do in about 4 days