Nvidia announces seamless graphics switcher

vbimport

Nvidia announces seamless graphics switcher.

[newsimage]http://static.myce.com/images_posts/2010/02/mNt0zM.jpg[/newsimage]Nvidia has devised a way to combine long laptop battery life and powerful graphics without the chore of manually toggling between graphics cards.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/nvidia-announces-optimus-graphics-switcher-25839/](http://www.myce.com/news/nvidia-announces-optimus-graphics-switcher-25839/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I’m an ATI man, but this looks good. Nvidia is behind the 8 ball after the kick in the stones from ATI’s 48xx and 58xx cards. They need this to work.

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2492885]I’m an ATI man, but this looks good. Nvidia is behind the 8 ball after the kick in the stones from ATI’s 48xx and 58xx cards. They need this to work.[/QUOTE]

And considering ATI still have driver issues I stick with something more stable GPU…not all people can or buying that will do for the mass whom most likely will never use push the limit of the GPU.

Ever since I read about the discrete graphics + powerful Nvidia card being packaged together, the switching has sounded like a user experience nightmare. Glad to hear they’re finally making it happen in the background, with hopefully no user interaction or a screwed up user experience.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2492940]And considering ATI still have driver issues[/QUOTE]

I have been hearing about this for years but have NEVER experienced it. I’ve been using ATI hardware for over 12 years and never had a problem with drivers. I currently have an HD 4850 card. The only bad experience with drivers I ever had was the one (and only) time I bought an Nvidia card about 6 or 7 years ago. I returned it the next week.

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2493005]I have been hearing about this for years but have NEVER experienced it. I’ve been using ATI hardware for over 12 years and never had a problem with drivers. I currently have an HD 4850 card. The only bad experience with drivers I ever had was the one (and only) time I bought an Nvidia card about 6 or 7 years ago. I returned it the next week.[/QUOTE]

Right…and maximum pc is lying when they said they had issues with the new drivers right??

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2493033]Right…and maximum pc is lying when they said they had issues with the new drivers right??[/QUOTE]

Well, I have been subscribing yearly to PC Gamer for the last 3 or 4 years. Before that I bought their mag off the shelf every now and then. I’ve just recently sent them an e-mail (which was published in their last issue) about how much I don’t like them being Nvidia fanboys when putting together their Trinity systems. So, in short, I think they’re Nvidia fanboys. So, if this is true, then why not go the full monty and bash ATI and their drivers? Makes sense, right? Long story short, I’ve told them I won’t be renewing my PC Gamer subscription when it expires (which is right about now). I asked my wife for a National Geographic subscription instead. Their writers have objectivity and aren’t swayed by big bags of money.

And, for the record, I said that I have never experienced ATI driver issues. I never said other people didn’t.

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2493340]Well, I have been subscribing yearly to PC Gamer for the last 3 or 4 years. Before that I bought their mag off the shelf every now and then. I’ve just recently sent them an e-mail (which was published in their last issue) about how much I don’t like them being Nvidia fanboys when putting together their Trinity systems. So, in short, I think they’re Nvidia fanboys. So, if this is true, then why not go the full monty and bash ATI and their drivers? Makes sense, right? Long story short, I’ve told them I won’t be renewing my PC Gamer subscription when it expires (which is right about now). I asked my wife for a National Geographic subscription instead. Their writers have objectivity and aren’t swayed by big bags of money.

And, for the record, I said that I have never experienced ATI driver issues. I never said other people didn’t.[/QUOTE]

Long story short if you check the laptops for gamers higher end goes with Nvidia cards now one has to wonder why? But true what one experiences doesn’t go with everything but it does leave a bad taste. Actually I myself think they like AMD and ATI…and also when one makes GPU comparison it has to match the product that matches in the same class not a newer versus a older GPU that analogy doesn’t do either product service.