Nvidia 7800 arrived

vbimport

Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX hits store shelves

www.nvidia.com
http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20050622_102447.html
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2451

I know. I havebeen looking at the prices. Wow. £350+

But the good news is that they are avalible from day of release. No more waiting around.

Nice! Hope the prices of the 6800 cards drop so i can get one of them soon.

That’s the best news in my opinion.

/Still waiting for the R520.

ASUS Cancels Dual-Chip GeForce 6800 Graphics Cards.
ASUS Decides Not to Proceed with Dual GeForce 6800 Graphics Cards

Category: Video

by Anton Shilov

[ 06/22/2005 | 02:31 PM ]

ASUSTeK Computer has decided not to launch its dual-chip graphics cards featuring two GeForce 6800-series chips in the light of NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX launch, the company’s representatives told X-bit labs.

During the launch of the GeForce 7800 GTX a representative for ASUSTeK told that the company no longer has plans to commercially launch its dual-chip GeForce 6800-series product. Instead, the company is looking forward to utilize two GeForce 7800-series chips on a single graphics card targeted for hardcore enthusiasts. The cancellation of the project is suggested to be the launch of the new-generation GeForce 7800 GTX graphics processing units.

Earlier this year ASUS demonstrated a prototype of a graphics card featuring two NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra graphics processors, in addition, the company also indicated plans to make dual NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT graphics cards.

ASUSTeK’s EN6800-series Dual prototypes featured two either the GeForce 6800 GT or the GeForce 6800 Ultra graphics processing units which were connected to each other using NVIDIA’s multi-GPU technology branded SLI. Each GPU was equipped with 256MB of 256-bit GDDR3 memory.

According to a report, ASUS EN6800GT Dual was 1.7 times faster compared to a single-chip NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT graphics card. With 32 pixel and 12 vertex processors, such graphics card might end up as a more powerful compared to the forthcoming single-chip products based on the code-named R520 and G70 visual processing units from ATI Technologies and NVIDIA Corp., graphics cards makers thought.

A disadvantage of a dual-chip GeForce 6800-series based graphics cards may be its sizes, as the print circuit board of the EN6800GT Dual is both longer and higher compared to typical graphics cards and may not fit into typical computer cases.

Source: X-bit Labs

you have a long time to wait :iagree::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

1GB DDR3?

Companies offering boards at launch include Asus, BFG, PNY, Chaintech, Albatron, MSI, Leadtek, and Gigabyte. Pricing is set at the suggested retail $599, but some manufacturers are marketing bundles with prices that hit the $700 mark. This is just one indication that the best-performing cards will bring higher price tags this year: Sources indicate that Nvidia is prepared to react to an ATI R520 that is likely to surpass the 7800 GTX in speed. Expect such a card to carry a significant premium. Add in 512 MByte or even 1 GByte of memory and you have a $1000+ graphics card.

When was it that I looked for a way to have more 1MB MDRAM chips on ET6000 card? I still have an ISA VGA card. Stil good for 1024*768 but no more ISA slot. :sad:

Any idea when it’s planned for release?

rumours say they have lots of problems in making working gpu’s
.09 micron is hard to master :slight_smile:

Yeah just read somewhere that it isn’t planned until September.

Such expensive VGAs should have built-in HDTV and quad-display support. :frowning:

The 7800 have hardware H.264 support with the latest 80-series drivers.

That’s not HDTV like this: :frowning:

http://www.mitinc.co.kr/mitinc/e_site/prod/prod_mdp130.jsp

All I am putting here is,

:stuck_out_tongue: