Number of Installs

I downloaded the trial of DVDFab Platinum (AnyDVD is waaayy too high now). Failed to read the user agreement, grrr. But if I buy the full program, how many installs do I get with it? Sometimes I burn with my desktop; but if I’m working, I’ll burn with my laptop. Can I install it on both computers?

By the way, McAfee SiteAdvisor shows this site as a “red - do not go there” site.

Hi GeorgiaC and welcome to cdfreaks,

Here’s the deal…last I knew anyway.
You have to own the the rigs that you install to…
You agree to not run more than one Fab application at a time…assuming you’re using the same reg key…

Be certain to keep your reg key safe…most of us keep it on a hdd (or 2), floppy, flash drive, etc., and it’s a good idea to email it to yourself…gmail, yahoo, etc., so it stays on a server.

There is no limit on the # of times you do a fresh, new install.

The regkey is good for the life of the product…includes major overhauls with new versions like fab 2.XXX - 3.XXX - 4.XXX.

Ok, thanks. I have occasionally burned with my desktop and laptop at the same time, just to be done with the process, but since I know that’s taboo, I know not to do it. Thanks for that tip.

As a separate rant, it’s so confusing about number of installs for software these days. I see the need to keep people from passing software to everybody and his brother, but most houses now seem to have a computer for almost every person. For me, I’ve got 3 PCs and my son and daughter each have a laptop.

1. LICENSE GRANT.
    Fengtao Software Inc. grants you a license to use one copy of the version of this SOFTWARE on any one system for as many licenses as you purchase.
  1. LICENSE GRANT.
    Fengtao Software Inc. grants you a license to use one copy of the version of this SOFTWARE on any one system for as many licenses as you purchase.

C:\Program Files\DVDFab Platinum 4\License.txt