Number 23:OLDER version of FREE software works BETTER than NEWEST version of anydvd!

i started up the newest version of anydvd 6.1.6.9 and put the movie number 23 into my dvd drive-it scanned the disc and up comes the following error:

i tried to copy the entire movie to my harddrive using anydvd and got a different error

i then started up the FREE, OLDER version of dvdfab decrypter-it’s a version i’ve had for over 6 months-it copied the movie to my harddrive NO problem-i was then able to compress it with dvdshrink, also a FREE program that NO longer updates and then burn it with NO problems and it played just fine

how pathetic!!! the NEWEST version of anydvd has LESS copyright decryption than an older FREE version of dvdfab decrypter?!?!?!?!?!?!

Moved.

There is a newer version now 6.1.7.0.

Many of us have had no problem with this title and AnyDVD. My guess is “pilot error”…

Pilot error or a bad dvd. In my experience with dvdfab it is more forgiving and will backup flawed dvds or scratched dvds. If you dont mind a copy with minor glitches.

it must be a pilot error because it also happened with zodiac and 300

yeah you have some other problems. Maybe an un-install re-install?

I did zodiac no issues and 23 as well but will retry 23 and see yet again. 300 didn’t strike me to get.

Not sure RipIt4Me will solve your problems, but it’s worth a try anyway.

As per topic, dont know if RipIt4Me is better then AnyDVD because I don’t use AnyDVD. :bigsmile:

I had absolutely no problems with these movies at all using AnyDVD/CloneDVD combo. You must have a program conflict and/or bad download/install. Were your AnyDVD and Key downloaded from Slysoft or elsewhere?

I had no problems with 300 or Zodiac. The Number 23 didn’t interest me. I’d say more but it’s just not worth it.

Ive had programs and burners handle a bad dirty or scratched source disk while others could not also had some brand new dvd’s that were bad pressings brought them back to the store for a new one and they copied fine! now I clean them even if I think they dont need it before I start!

Some burners can read scratched DVDs better than others. If there was a big problem with these movies we would have heard about it here. Maybe try another copy of the movie or try and clean the one you have. :smiley:

if you took time to read my ENTIRE post, you would have seen that it worked with dvdfab decrypter so it can’t be that the DVD is scratched

and FWIW, this has NEVER happened on previous versions of anydvd

Sorry, but yes it can. I use an Asus reader to read all my dvds but sometimes I’ll get a scratched/damaged disc that I can’t buff up and be read. I can place it into an old NEC writer and it will (99.99%) read thru the bad file area and copy the files. It slows down reallllllyyyy slow, but it does read.

Point is, as posted, some readers are better at reading scratched/damaged discs. I also find it strange that only you have this problem. I’d have to lean towards a bad install or hardware problem.

Since your post seems to have such disdain for Slysoft products

i then started up the FREE, OLDER version of dvdfab decrypter-it’s a version i’ve had for over 6 months-it copied the movie to my harddrive NO problem-i was then able to compress it with dvdshrink, also a FREE program that NO longer updates and then burn it with NO problems and it played just fine

how pathetic!!!
, I’d suggest you stick with DVDfabDecrypter and DVDshrink since you say they work for you! :iagree:

Yes I too have a BenQ 1640 that can read 99.99% of the time when my LG (when I do use it as a reader) can’t, point being it is true some readers are better and more forgiving than others.

pilot error? :confused:

No probs with any of those titles

People still use DVDs? :smiley: If you really think it’s a problem with AnyDVD and not something on your system, then use the resources Slysoft put out there for you. Contact support, post a “I need help” post on the forum, etc. Whining about how an older product is supposedly better than a new version of AnyDVD is NOT going to get the problem solved. :wink:

pilot error what was it called before airplanes came about??? :slight_smile:

Probably “Chariot Driver” error…