NU tech DDW-082 problems

vbimport

Hello all, i know im new :slight_smile: but i have been skimming and trying to do searches for my problem…

it seems that whenever i try to burn using nero 6 with the DDW-082 it gives me “communication failure”

this is with DVD+Rs (ritek 8x) and ive tried em at 8x, 6x, 4x and it also happened with the DVD+R it came with, which i tried at 4x (the max speed of that disc)

they all seem to be failing at the same point (well the first 2 failed at maybee 75%) and the last 3 have failed at like 40%…

ive had one successful burn on the ritek which was at 8x but it was only 1.4 GB full…

what do you think is the problem??

(i have a KR7A mobo (abit) and via266 chipset with the newest 4in1 drivers installed…

DMA mode is available and on…

and the burner is the secondary master…

Thanks guys

P.S. the ritek’s were packaged as ridata and were made for 8x but the cdfreak info tool said they were ritek- R03

EDIT: the +R 4x that it came with was a rioch (if im spelling it right)

EDIT #2: it can play DVDs fine…

Hi,

for help go to official topic here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=90589

Originally posted by zero0ne
[B]Hello all, i know im new :slight_smile: but i have been skimming and trying to do searches for my problem…

it seems that whenever i try to burn using nero 6 with the DDW-082 it gives me “communication failure”

this is with DVD+Rs (ritek 8x) and ive tried em at 8x, 6x, 4x and it also happened with the DVD+R it came with, which i tried at 4x (the max speed of that disc)

they all seem to be failing at the same point (well the first 2 failed at maybee 75%) and the last 3 have failed at like 40%…

ive had one successful burn on the ritek which was at 8x but it was only 1.4 GB full…

what do you think is the problem??

(i have a KR7A mobo (abit) and via266 chipset with the newest 4in1 drivers installed…

DMA mode is available and on…

and the burner is the secondary master…

Thanks guys

P.S. the ritek’s were packaged as ridata and were made for 8x but the cdfreak info tool said they were ritek- R03

EDIT: the +R 4x that it came with was a rioch (if im spelling it right)

EDIT #2: it can play DVDs fine… [/B]

crappy firmware

Originally posted by ryback
[B]Hi,

for help go to official topic here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=90589 [/B]

why would i post prblems in a review???

anyways…

i think it may be the via chipset…

has anybody gotten one of these to work with the via266?

(ive tried their retro drivers and then installed their hyperion drivers and still nothing)

EDIT: i dont think its a nero issue, because ive had mixed results with alcohol 120% (ive had 2 coasters from it and one DVD image burned fine but it had no sound…)

I think i may be sending it back to newegg, but damn im gunna have to pay shipping back, arg :frowning:

Have you gotten your DDW-082 to work yet? After mulling it over for the past couple of days and reading various reviews, including the one on cdfreaks, I finally decided to buy this drive from Newegg.

Then I came across your post! I have a Soyo Dragon+ with VIA 266A chipset, so I’m curious to know if you ever did get your drive to work.

Thanks.

Originally posted by zero0ne
[B]why would i post prblems in a review???

anyways…

i think it may be the via chipset…

has anybody gotten one of these to work with the via266?

(ive tried their retro drivers and then installed their hyperion drivers and still nothing)

EDIT: i dont think its a nero issue, because ive had mixed results with alcohol 120% (ive had 2 coasters from it and one DVD image burned fine but it had no sound…)

I think i may be sending it back to newegg, but damn im gunna have to pay shipping back, arg :frowning: [/B]

can you just uninstall the ide drivers or do you have to uninstall all of the via drivers ?

i finally found the problem a day or two ago… it was the damn IDE cable…

:slight_smile:

thanks for the help though… chipset wise, helped lead me in the right direction… (and away from a faulty drive)

So, I got my 082 yesterday and installed it. Went fairly smoothly. First DVD I burned failed, though. I think it was my fault. I used Memorex +R 4x media. I burned two more DVDs using Platinum Series brand +R 4x media. But I burned those DVDs usint 2.4x speeds. Next time I’ll try 4x.

The only thing that bugs me so far is the fact the drive shows up as a CD Drive under My Computer. But when you click on Properties of the drive it shows as NU DVDRW DDW-082.

Oh, one other thing. Sort of a newb question, but how do I check what F/W I’m running?

Thanks.

You can use DVDInfoPro or Nero InfoTool

Yup, thanks. Figured it out. Should have posted to let people know. :slight_smile: