NSA involved in Android development – hello backdoors?

We’ve just posted the following news: NSA involved in Android development – hello backdoors?[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2013/11/myce-android-nsa-commit-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Commits to the Android source code show how the American National Security Agency (NSA) contributes to the mobile operating system. Besides committing code, the NSA is also involved in decision making with issues concerning the OS. We spotted at least five NSA developers involved with Android. As the NSA is daily in the news for spying on the internet this is a critical fact. Do we trust the NSA to guard the security of our mobile phone?

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/nsa-involved-in-android-development-hello-backdoors-69656/](http://www.myce.com/news/nsa-involved-in-android-development-hello-backdoors-69656/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Did anybody think that such a software from an USA-company have no backdoors?
On this world live 7,1 billion terrorists

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2710595]Do we trust the NSA…[/QUOTE]
As much as I trust any gov’t or bureaucratic or private enterprise. As long as anyone can justify arguing in Them Vs Us terms, then our trusting energies should be appropriately modified.

I don´t even trust in the potiticans in my country

But USA-govshave begun this, harder than any other country, think they can do all if they just say "terrorism"
And most ppl believe it.

A wise guy said long time ago: If you sacrifice freedom for security, you will lost both at the end.

Let’s not make this a political discussion, we’re still discussing how to deal with them. As much as we would like to host them, we’re an international site with many different cultures and like to keep things civilized. While some are able to discuss civilized we’ve seen too many examples of people who can’t.

Hence I step in early and I hope I won’t have to do it again.

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2710638]Let’s not make this a political discussion[/QUOTE] Uhmmm… [I]you[/I] opened this political thread in the first place! :wink:

I disagree, in my posts you can’t find any political references, only facts I’ve checked and news coming from the BBC. The rest are potential uses of my discovery.

Based on that I ask, would you trust a secret service, which goal it is to spy on people to take care of the security of an operating system.

Have a wolf guard the sheep. :cop:

ma[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2710707]Based on that I ask, would you trust a secret service, which goal it is to spy on people to take care of the security of an operating system.[/QUOTE] No, I would “trust” them to do anything to put their own spying capabilities into the system.

And even though this story may be based on fact, speculating that a national agency is doing this work to spy on others is absolutely a political statement as I see it, so I maintain that you yourself opened the political door and are now trying to shut it again.

This thread never happened! :cool:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2710759]ma No, I would “trust” them to do anything to put their own spying capabilities into the system.

And even though this story may be based on fact, speculating that a national agency is doing this work to spy on others is absolutely a political statement as I see it, so I maintain that you yourself opened the political door and are now trying to shut it again.

[/QUOTE]

I have to partly agree. This is at least subtly political. The very title’s politically figured. BBC can be political. The Inquirer and The Register are always political even when they are reporting on Intel’s road maps.

An unfortunate aspect of it’s when there are mentions of names like NSA, FBI, CIA, and so on, political thinking takes charge. Most people tend to focus on the political aspects and distort technicalities according to political biases and view points. Google cannot be discussed anymore without allowing politics go very wild.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2710759]ma No, I would “trust” them to do anything to put their own spying capabilities into the system.

[/QUOTE]

The NSA don’t have a political agenda and are not attached to any particular political party.

They’re happy to spy on us for whatever party happens to be in power. :slight_smile:

TBH none of this is any big surprise though as the NSA spy on us all at every opportunity and in relation to everything.

About he only thing they haven’t done is install cameras in TVs so they can watch us as well, then again what’s that red light in the corner of my TV for…? :eek:
(Wombler rushes off to get an especially large roll of aluminium foil).

[B]Wombler[/B]

NSA guys want to spy on my internet browsing? I’ll do like Wally - that’ll teach 'em! :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t trust anything the government does.They can’t control the check book and everything is hush-hush ,one part of the government doesn’t trust the other.And to the guys listening to this thread I didn’t write this my cat did.

I don’t trust the free email systems to be without their surveillance. Targeting Ads is what they call it, but it’s still surveillance for whatever purpose pleases them at the moment. Frankly, the day that gov’ts hired the best and brightest programmers shoudl be studied, as well. These are still like the DMVs of the programming world.

[QUOTE=marloyd;2711201]I don’t trust anything the government does.They can’t control the check book and everything is hush-hush ,one part of the government doesn’t trust the other.And to the guys listening to this thread I didn’t write this my cat did.[/QUOTE]

Same can be said about your everyday life as well if you go by that construct. If the government wasn’t around you wouldn’t have your Bills of Rights or Constitution to give you all your freedom those in the US talk big about having but fail to recognize it was government that made it possible. So whether you trust government or not you should be grateful for the Bills of Rights/Constitution that you stand behind but fail to see where it come from. NSA doesn’t do anymore more then cookies or anybody that wants your data will get it. This my cat wrote is the prime example of lack of responsibility of one own actions and to take responsibility for doing so. Also remember all those people talking about smaller Government and when those very states have disaster whom do they call…guess what HELP US BIG GOVERNMENT we need help. What a bunch of hypocrites…and to backup this up they talk about FREE Markets but if you listen carefully it’s my way or the highway…lmao…what another bunch of hypocrites…they talk big about FREE markets but when their business aka Investment banking takes a dump “whom they going to call” BIG GOVERNMENT bail us out…more hypocrites…enough examples…???